Windows 10: Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

Discus and support Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Issue with my mouse's left click? Every time I try to drag something, anything it clicks on its own and cancels it and its very annoying when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Torkai, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Torkai Win User

Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

Issue with my mouse's left click? Every time I try to drag something, anything it clicks on its own and cancels it and its very annoying when I'm trying to move files around. I switched the primary button to right click and it seems to be working fine. Ive been trying to look online to see if it's happening to anyone else but nothing is helping me.

:)

Torkai, Jun 17, 2022

2. Click and drag keeps speeding up on touchpad

Hi,

Do you face this issue while moving the mouse cursor normally on the desktop screen?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to slow down the mouse cursor speed.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on mouse.
    • under pointers options tab adjust the pointer speed, click
      a
      pply and ok

let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 17, 2022
  3. mouse click and drag

My mouse click and drag function is extremely unstable in all apps. Its behavior is very unpredictable and frustrating. How do I resolve this issue?

cameraman32, Jun 17, 2022
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging - Similar Threads - Mouse lets clicks

2. Mouse keeps dragging file at single click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse keeps dragging file at single click: So I found this issue on File Explorer. When I click on the file, it drags the file instead. How do I fix this issue? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-keeps-dragging-file-at-single-click/1caa545c-0c43-4dc2-8bb8-26a74bd0ebde
  3. File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging: I recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and I can no longer scroll in file explorer while "holding" a file by clicking and dragging. For example, if you have a folder with a large number of items, you arrange it by name, you want to move file zxy.txt into a Folder named...
  4. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging: Issue with my mouse's left click? Every time I try to drag something, anything it clicks on its own and cancels it and its very annoying when I'm trying to move files around. I switched the primary button to right click and it seems to be working fine. Ive been trying to look...
  5. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging: Issue with my mouse's left click? Every time I try to drag something, anything it clicks on its own and cancels it and its very annoying when I'm trying to move files around. I switched the primary button to right click and it seems to be working fine. Ive been trying to look...
  6. Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag: I'm using a Lenovo ideapad s145 laptop. On startup it makes a single beep sound and displays some basic system information like BIOS version, RAM, L2 cache, CPU etc. It disappears within one second and proceeds the startup. When I try to right click with mouse ir touchpad,...
  7. Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag

Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag: I'm using a Lenovo ideapad s145 laptop. On startup it makes a single beep sound and displays some basic system information like BIOS version, RAM, L2 cache, CPU etc. It disappears within one second and proceeds the startup. When I try to right click with mouse ir touchpad,...
  8. Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My mouse pointer double clicks & sometimes lets go when I haven't let go of the mouse button.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mouse pointer double clicks & sometimes lets go when I haven't let go of the mouse button.: Sometimes when dragging something with the pointer it will let go of the item prematurely and other times when I simply single click an icon or something it counts as a double click. Things I've Tried: 1. Changing mice, 2. Updated all drivers, 3. Going into Mouse...
  10. mouse click and drag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse click and drag: My mouse click and drag function is extremely unstable in all apps. Its behavior is very unpredictable and frustrating. How do I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-and-drag/67e49603-e520-4265-86d4-85c76a38594e