Windows 10: mouse locked to process

Discus and support mouse locked to process in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the mouse gets locked to a process and can't interact with anything else, not even flash plugin in the browser once it's gets locked to the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FredricW.W, Sep 11, 2018.

1. mouse locked to process

the mouse gets locked to a process and can't interact with anything else, not even flash plugin in the browser once it's gets locked to the browser itself as the plugin is run as it's own process. temp fix is ctrl + alt +del and click in the background until you can select the security options. can't find a permanent solution after looking around for a bit.

:)

FredricW.W, Sep 11, 2018

2. ARC Mouse locking up Surface Win 10 Tablet

Hello Eric,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact of your Surface device?
    • Please clarify that the issue is about the ARC Bluetooth Mouse somehow locks your computer and sends you to the lockscreen.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to try performing the steps in the articles below to troubleshoot the said issue:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 11, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 11, 2018
  4. rmanasa Win User

mouse locked to process

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

mouse locked to process

1. mouse locked to process - Similar Threads - mouse locked process

2. How long is the locking process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the locking process?: I locked my stolen device and was told I’d receive an email when it’s complete. How long can this process take? It’s been an hour so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-is-the-locking-process/df6bdd13-8efe-48cb-92a9-59b977130c4c
  3. How long is the locking process?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How long is the locking process?: I locked my stolen device and was told I’d receive an email when it’s complete. How long can this process take? It’s been an hour so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-is-the-locking-process/df6bdd13-8efe-48cb-92a9-59b977130c4c
  4. How long is the locking process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keyboard and mouse locking up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse locking up!: Hi,Every once and a while my keyboard and mouse seem to lock up, I think they have entered some special enter mode, probably connected to the Windows key, so I'm hoping that if I just knew what to press to get back to the normal mode it would be easy to do.What happens is, I...
  6. Keyboard/mouse lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard/mouse lock: I have a new issue with my computer and the issue is that it will randomly lock my keyboard and mouse. I can't use any commands to get out of it and this forced me to have to hold down the power button. I just updated everything I can think of and I checked if updates were...
  7. Locked Out of Key Processes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked Out of Key Processes?: A week ago I somehow lost the ability to shutdown my computer or access task manager on my 2 year old computer. I've looked and tried a number of different things with no success. I've tried accessing acount settings but never found an option for ctrlaltdelete options. Tried...
  8. Mouse movement required to continue processing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse movement required to continue processing: After a period of time my PC simply stops working but as soon as I move my mouse it continues processing. This happens for every time when downloading software, play videos or perform updates etc. Are you able to help with this issue? Thank you...
  9. HDD appears to be locked by a Process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD appears to be locked by a Process: I have an Acer ES 15 running Windows 10 64 bit. I was carrying out maintenance of cleaning up the disk to be followed by optimisation. I cleaned up the system files, it was over 4Gb because there were windows updates, I then selected delete and it appeared to be taking a...
  10. lock up on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    lock up on mouse clicks: after upgrading to win 10 from win 7 HP the screen locks up for (approx 4 seconds) after every mouse click. i have just reinstalled win 7 and evrything is fine again should i re-download? and can i make a bootable ISO from the ESD file to do a clean install??. regards...