Windows 10: Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.

Discus and support Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been having this issue where I'd type in a letter on the keyboard and it'd start typing randomly and with that the mouse pad doesn't work. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MiceyPicey, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.

I've been having this issue where I'd type in a letter on the keyboard and it'd start typing randomly and with that the mouse pad doesn't work. I do not believe this is an issue with the hardware, it was working just fine and Windows doesn't detect any issues at all with the hardware. I've tried just about every common fix there could be.

Things I've already done:

Updated driver's Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers Unistalled quality update Restarted PC multiple times (Problem occurs almost immediately on the login screen)

Just issue started a few days ago and it has went about a day or two without issue but now the problem is back and I haven't been able to find any solution. If there is more information you need to know, please let me.

submitted by /u/MiceyPicey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MiceyPicey, Oct 8, 2020
  2. v_realo Win User

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Hi flemmingknudsen,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand you are having trouble with your keyboard which types numbers instead of letters. Let me help you with this.

I understand that you have tried the num lock key and it's the same outcome.

Have you tried to press Fn key + Num lock? If not, try it and see if it will fix the concern.

If still it will not fix the issue, follow this steps:

1.Press Windows Key + R then type osk and hit Enter to open On-Screen Keyboard.

2.Turn off Num Lock by clicking on it (If it is ON it will be shown in different color).

3.If you can’t see the Num lock then click on Options.

4.Checkmark “Turn on numeric key pad” and click OK.

5.This will enable the NumLock option and you could easily turn it off.

6.Reboot your PC to save changes.

Lastly, sometimes 3rd party software can conflict with Hardware such as Keyboard and can cause this issue. In order to Fix Keyboard Typing Numbers Instead of Letters issue, you need to perform a clean boot on your PC .

1. Press windows key + R, then type msconfig.

2. Select In General tab, select Selective Start up, put a check mark on load system services and unchecked "Load start up items".

Let me know if you still have issues after these steps and let's work on this together.

I believe that these steps will help you solve this issue you have. If not, kindly contact me and let me know.

v_realo, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Keyboard home line typing numbers as well as letters.

Hello Skyler,

This instance could have been caused by Num Lock. Try these steps for us to fix this:

• Press the Start key + R.
    • Type "osk" in the box and hit Enter.
    • On the screen keyboard, try toggling Num Lock, Scroll Lock and
      Caps Lock a few times. Num Lock might be stuck on your keyboard (Num Lock key isn't working).

Please let us know if that resolves your concern.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything.

Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor.

Keyboard layout is Danish which is what I want.

Tried with different keyboard. No change.

Please advise

flemmingknudsen, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.

1. Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters. - Similar Threads - Mouse locks keyboard

2. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  3. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  4. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard and mouse locking up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse locking up!: Hi,Every once and a while my keyboard and mouse seem to lock up, I think they have entered some special enter mode, probably connected to the Windows key, so I'm hoping that if I just knew what to press to get back to the normal mode it would be easy to do.What happens is, I...
  6. Keyboard and mouse locking up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse locking up!: Hi,Every once and a while my keyboard and mouse seem to lock up, I think they have entered some special enter mode, probably connected to the Windows key, so I'm hoping that if I just knew what to press to get back to the normal mode it would be easy to do.What happens is, I...
  7. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...
  8. My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in...: running windows 10 on a Dell Precision laptopWhen I have larger PDF docs open my keyboard appears to start typing random letters. After several times of this happening and rebooting to clear the issue, I've come to realize this only happens when I have a pdf documents open...
  9. Laptop TouchPad locks up and keyboard types randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop TouchPad locks up and keyboard types randomly: Hello Redditors, Recently my keyboard has started to type in random letters when I try to type in something and when this occurs, my touchpad will also lock up. This problem occurs now every time I boot up the laptop and encounter the login screen, I've plugged in a USB...
  10. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...