Windows 10: Mouse locks up when i click or set it still

Discus and support Mouse locks up when i click or set it still in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a new PC and when I click, press a key, or just set the mouse still, itll lock up and I have to move the mouse a huge distance or all over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CIoverload, May 5, 2020.

1. Mouse locks up when i click or set it still

I just got a new PC and when I click, press a key, or just set the mouse still, itll lock up and I have to move the mouse a huge distance or all over the place before it frees up and moves like normal

submitted by /u/CIoverload
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CIoverload, May 5, 2020

2. ARC Mouse locking up Surface Win 10 Tablet

Hello Eric,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact of your Surface device?
    • Please clarify that the issue is about the ARC Bluetooth Mouse somehow locks your computer and sends you to the lockscreen.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to try performing the steps in the articles below to troubleshoot the said issue:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 5, 2020
  3. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 5, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse locks up when i click or set it still

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Mouse locks up when i click or set it still

1. Mouse locks up when i click or set it still - Similar Threads - Mouse locks click

2. Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse: Can a touchpad without buttons currently set up with double tap and drag, be changed to longer tap and drag so it is the same as the mouse click lock setting. There does not seem to be a way of programming this in the way the mouse menu allows eg with a separate control for...
  3. Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse: Can a touchpad without buttons currently set up with double tap and drag, be changed to longer tap and drag so it is the same as the mouse click lock setting. There does not seem to be a way of programming this in the way the mouse menu allows eg with a separate control for...
  4. Mouse and Click Lock option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Click Lock option: Ever since Microsoft introduced the click lock feature in a recent update, I have been experiencing issues with my mouse. I believe this is a known issue because I have read many complaints online about it and followed discussions on various boards. At first I thought it was...
  5. Computer still locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer still locking up: PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset (my previous post from months ago) They are getting worse in frequency. Literally after 2 days they happen and im at a loss at to whats causing it. My PC Just locks up most of the time with audio still...
  6. when i click mouse once it clicks twice

when i click mouse once it clicks twice: when i click mouse once it clicks very fast to two clicks messing up my ability to navigate using my mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-mouse-once-it-clicks-twice/4a9e7ab7-0370-41eb-8ee8-b15be1b702ca
  7. set up mouse single click command

in Windows 10 Customization
    set up mouse single click command: I am setting up a desktop and need to know how to change the mouse from double click to single click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-mouse-single-click-command/78850ff1-37ba-4291-b836-dc819dc5ed22
  8. Mouse is still laggy when hovering or wanting to click on something...

Mouse is still laggy when hovering or wanting to click on something...: So, I successfully had the SSD installed and the computer is running much faster. Only now, my mouse is still has lag and it also feels slow to respond at times. What can I do to fix this mouse? 139387
  9. Mouse is still laggy when hovering or wanting to click on something...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse is still laggy when hovering or wanting to click on something...: So, I successfully had the SSD installed and the computer is running much faster. Only now, my mouse is still has lag and it also feels slow to respond at times. What can I do to fix this mouse? 139387
  10. lock up on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    lock up on mouse clicks: after upgrading to win 10 from win 7 HP the screen locks up for (approx 4 seconds) after every mouse click. i have just reinstalled win 7 and evrything is fine again should i re-download? and can i make a bootable ISO from the ESD file to do a clean install??. regards...