Windows 10: mouse malfunction

Discus and support mouse malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Purchased a new Microsoft wireless 900 desktop mouse and keyboard yesterday. Unfortunately the mouse pointer sometimes refuses to move for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatriciaWoolford, Jul 23, 2020.

1. mouse malfunction

Purchased a new Microsoft wireless 900 desktop mouse and keyboard yesterday. Unfortunately the mouse pointer sometimes refuses to move for a few seconds or disappears altogether. Occasionally the keyboard becomes unresponsive - particularly the back x key.

My previous Logitech mouse and keyboard were also displaying the same behaviour, hence their replacement.

I have tried installing the dongle in different usb ports to no effect.

Can anyone please suggest a possible cause and remedy?

:)

PatriciaWoolford, Jul 23, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Aug 4, 2020
  3. WD MyCloud causes malfunction of mouse

Hi Scott,

I realize that you are facing issues with the mouse. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Please provide more information when you say mouse does not work but malfunction?
    Unplug the mouse, restart the computer and then plug in the mouse to check if that helps.

Make sure your PC has the latest updates. Go to the search box, enter Windows Update, and select Check for updates. In the Settings menu, select the Check for updates button. When it's finished, restart your PC.

Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 4, 2020
  4. mouse malfunction

Mouse malfunction

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on View All.

• Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

• Click on Next
      button to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to download and reinstall the Mouse Drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

If Windows 10 drivers are not available, then you may install Windows 8 drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Note: Download the latest drivers from the Manufacturer’s website and save it on to the Desktop.

Refer to the link and follow the steps:

“Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows”

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

mouse malfunction

1. mouse malfunction - Similar Threads - mouse malfunction

2. mouse and keyboard malfunctions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard malfunctions: my pc suddenly opens "how to get help in windows" in my browser every time i click my mouse or press a button in my keyboard. and when i type something in the address bar it suddenly transfer to the tab that has been opened automatically with same "get some help browser". i...
  3. mouse and keyboard malfunctions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard malfunctions: my pc suddenly opens "how to get help in windows" in my browser every time i click my mouse or press a button in my keyboard. and when i type something in the address bar it suddenly transfer to the tab that has been opened automatically with same "get some help browser". i...
  4. mouse and keyboard malfunctions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. malfunction of my mouse 3000 v2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malfunction of my mouse 3000 v2.0: Hello: I have installed a Microsoft keyboard 3000 v2.0 long time ago. But now, the mouse that accompanies the keyboard is not working well: It is working very slowly for a long time and after 30 or more minutes, it fixes itself and works fine. What I can do?Thank you...
  6. malfunction of my mouse 3000 v2.0

malfunction of my mouse 3000 v2.0: Hello: I have installed a Microsoft keyboard 3000 v2.0 long time ago. But now, the mouse that accompanies the keyboard is not working well: It is working very slowly for a long time and after 30 or more minutes, it fixes itself and works fine. What I can do?Thank you...
  7. Jumping Mouse and Keyboard Malfunction??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumping Mouse and Keyboard Malfunction??: Hi all! I recently started having my wireless keyboard and mouse drive me NUTS. The mouse was jumping all over, I couldn't highlight anything properly and it was difficult to pinpoint anything to open apps, etc. My keyboard was multiplying keys that I had typed for just a...
  8. Jumping Mouse and Keyboard Malfunction??

Jumping Mouse and Keyboard Malfunction??: Hi all! I recently started having my wireless keyboard and mouse drive me NUTS. The mouse was jumping all over, I couldn't highlight anything properly and it was difficult to pinpoint anything to open apps, etc. My keyboard was multiplying keys that I had typed for just a...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard malfunction: My mouse and keyboard are not responding sometimes for a while sometimes not at all. Additionally my left mouse button acts as the right one sometimes then it goes back to normal. The mouse sensitivity changes randomly, it happened also when refreshing my desktop. My browser...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard malfunction

Mouse and Keyboard malfunction: My mouse and keyboard are not responding sometimes for a while sometimes not at all. Additionally my left mouse button acts as the right one sometimes then it goes back to normal. The mouse sensitivity changes randomly, it happened also when refreshing my desktop. My browser...