Windows 10: Mouse menus

Discus and support Mouse menus in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I use left mouse button I get a menu pop up. Not the same one as right button. Interfers with normal applications. I have tried unplugging the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jeff2015, Feb 9, 2019.

1. jeff2015 Win User

Mouse menus

When I use left mouse button I get a menu pop up. Not the same one as right button. Interfers with normal applications. I have tried unplugging the mouse and plugging it into another port, but no improvement. This is a wired mouse by logitech

:)

jeff2015, Feb 9, 2019

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Feb 9, 2019
  4. asusrju Win User

Mouse menus

Mouse pointer hides under Start Menu.

• Does the mouse respond when you click on the Start icon? Yes.
    • Does the issue persist when you hover your mouse over Start menu tiles?
      You cannot see the mouse over the Start Menu tiles. It show up behind the tiles like a shadow.
    • Do you face similar issue when you hover your mouse on other icons?No.
    I will try your suggestions and report back.

asusrju, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Mouse menus

1. Mouse menus - Similar Threads - Mouse menus

2. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  3. Mouse cursor disappears in Windows 11 even though option to hide cursor while typing is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor disappears in Windows 11 even though option to hide cursor while typing is...: Just got a brand new PC w Windows 11 installed. So annoying that mouse cursor disappears from screen after a few seconds of idle time. I've tried to troubleshoot this, including making sure the option to hide cursor while typing is DISABLED, disabling and re-enabling the...
  4. Mouse cursor disappears in Windows 11 even though option to hide cursor while typing is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor disappears in Windows 11 even though option to hide cursor while typing is...: Just got a brand new PC w Windows 11 installed. So annoying that mouse cursor disappears from screen after a few seconds of idle time. I've tried to troubleshoot this, including making sure the option to hide cursor while typing is DISABLED, disabling and re-enabling the...
  5. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  6. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  7. Prevent mouse throwing menus on the screen to interfere with whatever I am doing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent mouse throwing menus on the screen to interfere with whatever I am doing.: Ever since I made the great mistake of going to Windows 11, the mouse has been displaying menus that I do not want to see and thereby interfering with whatever I am trying to do at the time, sometimes utterly frustrating me by putting up a menu as fast as I can deleted it,....
  8. Prevent mouse throwing menus on the screen to interfere with whatever I am doing.

Prevent mouse throwing menus on the screen to interfere with whatever I am doing.: Ever since I made the great mistake of going to Windows 11, the mouse has been displaying menus that I do not want to see and thereby interfering with whatever I am trying to do at the time, sometimes utterly frustrating me by putting up a menu as fast as I can deleted it,....
  9. Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus: Hello, So apparently this is a somewhat common issue with Windows 10 in general, and the fix for it if using a mouse connected to computer is to update the driver via Device Manager.. However, I'm wondering since it is remote, if the software driver may need an update? My...
  10. Mouse hover actions stop working; ghost menus; (almost) no clicks work

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hover actions stop working; ghost menus; (almost) no clicks work: I have been having this rendering issue for more than 3 months now and it persists after several OS re-installs. Resolving this problem is of extreme importance to me since many of the programs I rely on are affected. Reverting to an older Windows version is not an option...