Windows 10: Mouse messing up

Discus and support Mouse messing up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the last couple of months my usb mouse has been messing up. In the device manager under mice there are 2 HID-compliant mouse. If I don't disable 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnk51, Feb 1, 2019.

1. johnk51 Win User

Mouse messing up

For the last couple of months my usb mouse has been messing up. In the device manager under mice there are 2 HID-compliant mouse. If I don't disable 1 of them, the curser either moves sideways or up by itself. Yesterday I uninstalled the drivers and then plugged back in the mouse and it worked till I started the computer this morning. Since before I updated to 1809, I started having usb problems. It had to have been one of the windows 10 pro 64 updates. But even after the update and I'm on build 17763.253 I'm having problem. I do have a wireless mouse, but it to does the same thing. And at times I get sounds that means something unloading then loading with a usb. This can freeze up the computer where I have to do a hard reboot. Going crazy!!!

:)

johnk51, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 1, 2019
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Mouse messing up

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Mouse messing up

1. Mouse messing up - Similar Threads - Mouse messing

2. Mouse vertical sensitivity is completely messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse vertical sensitivity is completely messed up: Hello.After booting up my computer today, my mouse sensitivity is completely messed up.I've already tried going into mouse settings and changing the sensitivity only for it to not be helpful.It took 2 hours of experimenting to find out why.Turns out, the Vertical sensitivity...
  3. Why does my controller input mess with my mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my controller input mess with my mouse?: Everytime I try to play a game on my PC my mouse moves my cursor when I move my joy stick. It does it with some games but not all of them. It's so bad that I can't play on controller for some of my PC games....
  4. Why does my controller input mess with my mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my controller input mess with my mouse?: Everytime I try to play a game on my PC my mouse moves my cursor when I move my joy stick. It does it with some games but not all of them. It's so bad that I can't play on controller for some of my PC games....
  5. Precision Mouse Messing Up

Precision Mouse Messing Up: My Microsoft Precision Bluetooth mouse is not working properly when using the Bluetooth. When I use it on my PC and my Surface Pro the pointer will just stop for a few seconds and then move again. It just freezes for 3-5 seconds which is irritating because the only way I can...
  6. The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings: I have upgraded my Win10 to 20H2 (19042.867) and it messed up my customized settings. I reverted back to some settings but my touchpad and mouse scroll behavior is changed to scrolling to page up/page down. I could not fix this. The touchpad is Elan Smart-Pad. Any ideas?...
  7. Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry

Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry: Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry my res is right but it takes longer to move in any direction and doing old mouse fixes I can deduce its not a mouse driver but something surrounding the gpu I'm guessing. it does this with a old Insigna TV NS...
  8. Why is my mouse messing up and making my programs go back?

Why is my mouse messing up and making my programs go back?: I'm having a problem with my mouse and system in general. It began as a problem with my mouse after I installed a windows 10 update. When I would left click and it would go back a page. Not just in my chrome browser, but also in my windows explorer, my discord, and even the...
  9. mouse scrolling messed up after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse scrolling messed up after windows 10 update: When I updated my Windows 10 home version in Feb 2021, I found that scrolling of my mouse became very jumpy. I tried everything: unistall and reinstall the drive, reboot the computer. However, nothing worked. Then, I found the latest update in March and updated to it hoping...
  10. Mouse is messed up

Mouse is messed up: Hi, my cursor is having and issue of no matter much i move it up down left right it keeps resetting to the same position, on the task bar between the middle and edge of my monitor. I am able to right click left click but the cursor just keeps going back to the same position....