Windows 10: Mouse minus touchpad settings

Discus and support Mouse minus touchpad settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Mouse properties does not have Synaptics touchpad window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarmineQ, Apr 28, 2019.

1. CarmineQ Win User

Mouse minus touchpad settings

My Mouse properties does not have Synaptics touchpad window

:)

CarmineQ, Apr 28, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Mouse minus touchpad settings

precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Mouse minus touchpad settings

1. Mouse minus touchpad settings - Similar Threads - Mouse minus touchpad

2. Control + minus set to zoom, not en dash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control + minus set to zoom, not en dash: I'm not sure how this occurred, but I've always been able to use Control + Minus to get an en dash. Now, when I use that key combination, it instead controls my screen/document zoom such that it reduces the screen or zooms in if I hit Control + Plus. I don't want this b/c I...
  3. Control + minus set to zoom, not en dash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control + minus set to zoom, not en dash: I'm not sure how this occurred, but I've always been able to use Control + Minus to get an en dash. Now, when I use that key combination, it instead controls my screen/document zoom such that it reduces the screen or zooms in if I hit Control + Plus. I don't want this b/c I...
  4. Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings: Hi, Changing the primary mouse button settings in Windows also changes the touchpad settings. Is there any app or solution to let flipping the right and left mouse buttons while the laptop touchpad's right and left clicks won't be changed? P.S: I tried the Mouse Speed...
  5. Separate mouse and touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separate mouse and touchpad settings: I use a surface book with windows 10 together with a logitech lift mouse. This mouse is ergonomic and left-handed. I always use a 'regular' configuration with the left mouse button as the main one. Sadly the left-handed mouse internally flips these settings and sets the right...
  6. Separate mouse and touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Separate mouse and touchpad settings: I use a surface book with windows 10 together with a logitech lift mouse. This mouse is ergonomic and left-handed. I always use a 'regular' configuration with the left mouse button as the main one. Sadly the left-handed mouse internally flips these settings and sets the right...
  7. Separate mouse and touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. mouse and touchpad

mouse and touchpad: win 10 dell 15-3567 A few days ago, I noticed when on line and trying to scrolldown by placing my cursor over the scroll bar on right side of page it either willnot move the the bar, or it will move it in the reverse direction I want it tomove. I am using a dell touch...
  9. ‎Mouse/Touchpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ‎Mouse/Touchpad: Been trying for days looking for instructions on how to enable both mouse and touch pad to switch from one to the other and I'm going insane!! PLEASE do not send info on how to enable one OR the other! I want to have the option to use both. Why is it SO HARD to find this...
  10. Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working

Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working: Hi, my double-tap to click function had stopped working and when I went in to change my touch pad settings through 'additional settings' it didn't work. The additional setting tab appeared but it was blank. [IMG] How do I fix this? I tried installing new drivers from the...