Windows 10: Mouse mode to Touch mode

Discus and support Mouse mode to Touch mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My surface pro 6 while on the dock. I am using Outlook 2016. Outlook continually changes from mouse mode to touch mode. It is not a big deal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SKYYCOG, Mar 1, 2019.

1. SKYYCOG Win User

Mouse mode to Touch mode

My surface pro 6 while on the dock.

I am using Outlook 2016.

Outlook continually changes from mouse mode to touch mode. It is not a big deal just annoying that I have to continuously change the mode back to mouse mode.

Is this a bug in the system or is there a setting that I just don't know about. Any help is appreciated here.

Thanks

Greg

** Moved from: Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 2016 **

:)

SKYYCOG, Mar 1, 2019

2. cursor disappears during touch screen mode

As of January 31st there is no way to show the mouse cursor while touching the screen: Show mouse cursor also when using touch screen

The linked post goes on to recommend using the Feedback app to suggest this feature (or find others who have suggested it and upvote their suggestions).

music2myear, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 1, 2019
  4. iamc3k Win User

Mouse mode to Touch mode

Mouse won't work in Safe Mode

LOL...glad someone got it. *Wink

Okay, the G5, although in hand, was left alone. Instead, I grabbed a pair of other mice.
    I tried a Logitech MX G403. It worked in Safe Mode.

Next steps:

Turn off computer. Unplug the G403, plug in the G502 into the same port. Restart in Win10. Select advanced options/safe mode. Reboot. The G502 was still unrecognized. (BTW, this is not the SAME G502 as in my earlier report. It is a new piece of hardware since then. Replaced under Logitech warranty a few months ago.)

Next steps:

Similar to above but tried my old Logitech MX518. It works in Win10 Normal Mode, but, like the G502, is totally dead in Safe Mode.

Interesting observation: laying the MX518 so it was belly-up, the laser flashed each time I plugged it into any of the USB ports. So, there is power... (Again, for clarity, I initially used the USB port which works with the G403 in Safe Mode. Yes, the laser in the MX518 briefly flashed when plugged into that port but then stayed out and the mouse was unresponsive with no cursor on the screen.)

G403 works in Safe Mode. In fact, it was hot-swappable. Pull out, plug in, pull out, etc. It always worked when plugged in.

The G403 is the only mouse (at hand) which is a Working Safe Mode Mouse.

At least, I know that it is a mouse issue, not a Windows issue???

iamc3k, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Mouse mode to Touch mode

1. Mouse mode to Touch mode - Similar Threads - Mouse mode Touch

2. Touch mode on Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch mode on Surface Go 2: I have a Surface Go 2, which for the last couple of years I've happily used with a Brydge Bluetooth keyboard designed specifically for the model as well as the Typecover. The Typecover is great for mobility but the Brydge is much better when you want to use the machine as a...
  3. Touch mode on Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch mode on Surface Go 2: I have a Surface Go 2, which for the last couple of years I've happily used with a Brydge Bluetooth keyboard designed specifically for the model as well as the Typecover. The Typecover is great for mobility but the Brydge is much better when you want to use the machine as a...
  4. Tablet mode touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode touch screen not working: I wanted to try using tablet mode, so I went to Settings < System < Tabletand then clicked on Change Additional Tablet settings. Next, I turned on Tablet mode. Then I pressed one of the buttons on the taskbar. Nothing happened. How come the touch screen isn't working?...
  5. touch keyboard's dark mode

touch keyboard's dark mode: Hi! How can you switch touch keyboard back to dark, after he was switched to white by update v1909? Without switching whole windows to dark mode or using other programs, I want only the keyboard... Thanks! (Windows Pro 10 x64 v1909 build 18363.752) 153485
  6. Maximize/Restore button does not respond to touch/mouse in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximize/Restore button does not respond to touch/mouse in tablet mode: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd, Win 10 Pro, V1809 (OS Build 17763.503) Quite strange behavior. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on or how to fix. 135538
  7. Touch screen problem in tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen problem in tablet mode: I’ve had a weird problem with the tablet mode. When I open certain programs, the touch keyboard disappears after typing just one letter and I have to bring it back. When I click on just one letter it goes away again. I encountered this issue in chrome and a lot of other...
  8. .Mouse and sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .Mouse and sleep mode.: Ever since the October 2018 update. My wireless mouse can't wake my laptop from sleep mode. Can anyone help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-sleep-mode/acdcda83-781a-4b90-b5b8-8f35ed7dff55
  9. Touch screen and tablet mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen and tablet mode issue: Hello, I have Hp convertible 360 15 broxx and recently my hard drive died. I had it changed and now i have lost all the drivers for touch screen and tablet mode. Can you help me?...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...