Windows 10: Mouse movement causes system crash

Discus and support Mouse movement causes system crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; - When in safe mode, mouse + keyboard functionality works perfectly but when out of safe mode, the system is stuck in reboot mode with the slightest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShirazTarakjian, May 20, 2020.

1. Mouse movement causes system crash

- When in safe mode, mouse + keyboard functionality works perfectly but when out of safe mode, the system is stuck in reboot mode with the slightest movement of the mouse.

- Also when I'm not in the safe mood I am able to use the keyboard for long periods of time with no problem but the second I move the mouse it reboots.

- Have tried different mice and keyboards, as well as, different USB ports

:)

ShirazTarakjian, May 20, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the mouse without any issues?
    3. Does the issue with the mouse occur when it is used on a different system?

I would suggest you to update the driver for your mouse under ‘Mice and other pointing devices’. You can follow the steps in this article on ‘Update
    drivers in Windows 10
    ’ and uninstall the mouse driver.

Please visit this link to download and install the driver for your ‘Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse’.
    Kindly restart the system and check if this worked out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 20, 2020
  3. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

While using the MS Ergo Sculpt Mouse, when moving the mouse quickly across my mouse pad in an arching motion,the mouse seems to move sporadically and in all directions except the one it should be going in. Moving the mouse in a straight direction up and
    down, left and right, diagonally, no problems. When trying these swift arching movements, the mouse direction seems to invert for very brief moments, almost causing the mouse to move in circles at times. Mouse Acceleration is disabled, I'm up to date on my
    drivers, I have fresh batteries installed, and it happens across multiple mouse pads, desk mats, and bare desk surface. Has anyone else experienced this issues?

I love this mouse, but between my high resolution displays and my need to have accurate mouse movements and placement on screen for work, a low mouse movement speed setting is necessary for me to work accurately. I need to pick up and move the mouse across
    my mouse pad several times in order to move my cursor across my displays, and sometimes these arching motions need to happen, causing this issue to pop up.

heat_death51, May 20, 2020
  4. Mouse movement causes system crash

Wireless Mouse Causes System to crash and other issues.

It seems that some system files are corrupted. We suggest performing SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt(Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.

If the issue persists, we suggest performing a clean boot
    on your device.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Mouse movement causes system crash

1. Mouse movement causes system crash - Similar Threads - Mouse movement causes

2. Abnormal mouse movement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abnormal mouse movement: It's been days I've been dealing with this... Working Perfectly, Suddenly the mouse starts to move Abnormally !My touchpad too isn't causing it, its clean, no dust, still the problem persists...Please Help!...
  3. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  4. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  5. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System

in Windows 10 Support
    Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System: I have a two-monitor system. The monitors are setup such that the primary monitor is on the right. I rarely use the secondary monitor, so it is off most of the time. When the left (secondary) monitor is off, Windows lets the mouse fly off the screen (to the right.) I would...
  7. System do not wake up by mouse movements

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System do not wake up by mouse movements: Window-10 1903 Under power options my settings are Screen When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes. Sleep when plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes. The system used to wake up with a simple mouse movement. But, now it does not ???? device manager: Under...
  8. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  9. Mouse's abnormal movements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse's abnormal movements: I just don't know how to explain it. you can look at the picture I given you[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouses-abnormal-movements/f7c94a76-d997-4588-9360-630734fdb409
  10. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements: While using the MS Ergo Sculpt Mouse, when moving the mouse quickly across my mouse pad in an arching motion,the mouse seems to move sporadically and in all directions except the one it should be going in. Moving the mouse in a straight direction up and down, left and right,...