Windows 10: Mouse movement freezes the OS for a few seconds at random intervals

Discus and support Mouse movement freezes the OS for a few seconds at random intervals in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought the MSI Cyberpower PC and booted it up and I have been having this problem all night. I have tried the following: Updating Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XxXHavoc, Sep 18, 2018.

1. XxXHavoc Win User

Mouse movement freezes the OS for a few seconds at random intervals

I just bought the MSI Cyberpower PC and booted it up and I have been having this problem all night. I have tried the following:

• Updating Windows
    • Updating the drivers for the mouse (it just says I have the best version)
    • Restarting the computer
    • Unplugging and plugging the mouse into the same port
    • Unplugging and plugging the mouse into different ports
    • Troubleshooting the mouse through windows

The mouse that I have is the one that came with the PC, so I am pretty sure there is no issue there. It is a brief freezing of the screen that causes all currently programs to stop until it unfreezes a second later. The problem seems to happen at random times. I really have no idea where to turn for this issue. I have seen countless posts about this and none of them seem to be helpful.

Please don't tell me I have to take the computer back....

:)

XxXHavoc, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Mouse lag

Hello. I'm on my new x99 PC with a fresh copy of Win7 (64 bit). And every once and a while at random intervals my mouse will stop and become uncontrolable for a second or two then continue as normal. All other processes appear to keep running during this brief freeze.

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 edition.

Aceman.au, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Random movement of cursor

Hello,

I've suddenly started to get completely random movements of the cursor (three times in this sentence already) which is making e-mailing or searching very difficult and time-consuming. My AVG anti-virus cannot detect anything. Anyone have any ideas? I'm
    running Windows 10 on a Lenovo All-in-One with a cable-connected mouse.

TrevorKnowles, Sep 18, 2018
  4. gwiljr Win User

System freezes temporarily at approximately 2-minute intervals due to "SVCHOST -k rpcss -p". How do I fix it?

I have a system that has a frustrating behavior. Worse, I cannot identify the root cause. I hope someone can help. The most common event with this issue is described as follows.

At approximately 2-minute intervals, keyboard input and mouse cursor movement will freeze for about 5 to 10 seconds. In addition, any mouse movement is apparently queued for processing once the freeze stops. For example, when this freeze occurs as I am
    using the mouse to move the cursor across screen, cursor movement will stop for 5 to 10 seconds. If I did not notice the freeze, my continued movement of the mouse will result in the cursor suddenly jumping across the screen as if the mouse movement was queued
    or stored for processing. The situation has become very frustrating.

In an effort to identify the source of the problem, I started Task Manager and set it up to view processes from high CPU usage to low. I would then slowly move the mouse across the screen to monitor for the freeze event. Eventually, the cursor movement
    stopped. A that moment I expected to see Task Manager display a process consuming a lot of CPU usage, but it too would failed to update. Only during a brief second after the freeze did I catch a glimpse of a SVCHOST process consuming a lot of CPU usage.
    I then attempted to use Process Explorer, which would display a CPU consuming SVCHOST process at the start of the freeze. After several minutes of observation, I was finally able to capture the following information.

"SVCHOST -k rpcss -p" followed by a specifc PID. Using the PID, I was able to obtain additional information using Task Manager and Process Explorer.

wpnuserservice_e68fda

RPCEPMAP,DLL

Windows Push Notifications User Service e68fda

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

RPC Endpoint Mapper

c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss -p

Can anyone provide instructions on how to resolve the freezing problem, or guidance on how to at least identify the root cause?

I appreciate your time in reading this post.

gwiljr, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse movement freezes the OS for a few seconds at random intervals - Similar Threads - Mouse movement freezes

2. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  3. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  4. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: Specs: i7 - 8700k Asus Strix 2080 OC Asus Prime Z370-A Samsung 970 EVO Plus windows installed here Samsung 860 SSD Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB Corsair RM650x 650W v2 I'm struggling with random freezes, and I can't locate if theissue is hardware- or...
  5. Windows 10 randomly freeze for few seconds

Windows 10 randomly freeze for few seconds: Dear experts My Laptop i7, 64 GB RAM, NVME SSD running Windows 10 Pro 2004 randomly freeze for few seconds, not only chrome but the whole system please see the video at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmK1huqMFhcVhESxvKEhm3arwTwfse8o/view?usp=sharing. Please help me to...
  6. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.....
  7. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...
  8. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  9. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: So, I have been having alot... and I mean, ALOT of problems with my pc recently. I've managed fix most of them... but yesterday, as of me writing this, I have experienced that my computer freezes from time to time, and I have no idea why it does that. I've been reinstalling...
  10. Mouse movement freezes the OS for a few seconds at random intervals

Mouse movement freezes the OS for a few seconds at random intervals: I just bought the MSI Cyberpower PC and booted it up and I have been having this problem all night. I have tried the following: Updating Windows Updating the drivers for the mouse (it just says I have the best version) Restarting the computer Unplugging and plugging the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor movement freezes windows 10 every few seconds

2. rapid mouse movement freezes windows 10

3. windows 10 freeze ssd randomly