Windows 10: Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop

Discus and support Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys. I'm honestly getting so annoyed with this. I have a laptop that I got about 1.5 years ago (HP), and recently every single mouse that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nibble, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Nibble Win User

Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop

Hey guys. I'm honestly getting so annoyed with this.

I have a laptop that I got about 1.5 years ago (HP), and recently every single mouse that I plug into the laptop seems to lag.

By lag I mean when you drag it across the screen it will stop and stutter in places. My laptop's own track-pad (if that's what it's called) works perfectly fine, no issues.

The only issue is the mouse that is plugged in via usb port or whatever.

I read something about FMAPP.exe or something related to RealTek but I do not have that file nor did updating drivers work.

It seems as if the mouse works perfectly fine for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden it acts up again and begins lagging. Then after a while it stops again. (& no I have not downloaded anything recently or removed software etc, it just comes and goes)

Side-note: If anyone plays CS:GO they will understand how impossible it is to play with this type of lag hence why I have come for help.

:)

Nibble, Jan 24, 2017
  2. 365chuck Win User

sluggish wireless mouse

in microsoft games only using Windows 10, the mouse is slow to respond and lags in movement speed. Specifically, in The Secret Society game.

365chuck, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 any lag fix

I am having the same problem. I ran the System Maintenance troubleshooting scan, and oddly enough, I stopped having lagging while the scan was running. As soon as it was done, the lagging started again. It is every few seconds on everything, mouse movement,
    typing, everything.

I do a lot of fast paced work on my laptop using mainly the MS Office suite and need smooth movement to work. This lag is a big issue.

I have an Acer laptop with an Intel i5-5200 CPU @ 2.20GHz with 6gb of RAM. This should not be a problem. I had zero lag until I upgraded to Win10 from Windows 8.1

Ikeuchi_MC, Jan 24, 2017
  4. Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop

Welcome to the TenForums @Nibble

I built his yesterday after I saw two posts, one being yours, that noted mouse issues. Some may or may not be applicable to you depending on mouse used. Hopefully others will add their ideas.

There are so many articles on mouse lagging and stuttering and while some had a definite impact others seems to be contradict one another. I listed what I found here. If you find something that works please post back so the next person benefits.

1) If your computer has Realtek audio check to see if you are running FMAPP.exe. If so disable. (saw you didn’t have.)

2) Try to identify the process running your mouse in the task manager, right click, properties, Compatibility Tab, Compatibility Mode, run as Windows 7.

3) Shut off your AV and test.

4) Review your mouse and every USB hub and disable the computer’s ability to shut off to save power, this is done in Power Management tab for each device driver.

5) Disable Cortana, there is a tutorial with the TenForums on this. You can leave search enabled, just kill Cortana.

6) Update Video driver.

7) Update all mouse drivers, vendors and others listed in Device manager. My Logitech shows but then there is a generic HID mouse.

8) Under mouse Properties, accessed through old control panel, on Pointer options tab, disable Enhance pointer precision. ( This one someone said turning it on solved problem)

9) Move Unifying key to Front of case rather than rear. (My keyboard has a USB port which my Unifying Key lives in to fix this bs. With UPS, cabling and Bluetooth radio it didn’t have a chance in rear.) (I wonder if 10 TB is producing more electromechanical interference.)

10) While I could not find, some people reported turning off mouse smart sense filtering, likely in mouse properties.

11) You could also try the setting, disable touch pad when external mouse detected.

12) I also noted there were lots of discussions on how to change mouse polling rate. I leave that to you to investigate or discount.

Caledon Ken, Jan 25, 2017
  5. Nibble Win User
    Thanks for the welcome @Caledon Ken and I tried out every option you told me (the ones I was capable of) and the only one that seemed to significantly have an impact was disabling my AV. It didn't get rid of the issue however it is much better than before.

Nibble, Jan 30, 2017
  6. Great and bad.

What AV are you running, if you don't mind sharing?

The next time this happens can you access task manager and see if anything is above say 50%. As well could I ask that you note the actual day this happens. Coming and going sounds like some sort of process kicking off. Would be real interested if this starts around the second Wednesday or Thursday of each month.

Caledon Ken, Jan 30, 2017
  7. Hello, I wanted to share my own experience with this type of problem

This may sound stupid, but I have seen it happening a lot of times, mostly on elderly people saying that as they were typing the cursor would jump and select a text before and start typing there.

Your problem might be that you touch your trackpad with your palm and it's not like you do it on purpose, but you might be doing it while you don't acknowledge it. This might the be issue of your problem coming and going. Next time it happens try and see if you palm was close to that region.

darkyxtreme, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop

1. Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop - Similar Threads - Mouse Movement Lag

2. Abnormal mouse movement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abnormal mouse movement: It's been days I've been dealing with this... Working Perfectly, Suddenly the mouse starts to move Abnormally !My touchpad too isn't causing it, its clean, no dust, still the problem persists...Please Help!...
  3. Abnormal mouse movement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Abnormal mouse movement: It's been days I've been dealing with this... Working Perfectly, Suddenly the mouse starts to move Abnormally !My touchpad too isn't causing it, its clean, no dust, still the problem persists...Please Help!...
  4. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  5. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  6. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements: I've been experiencing a problem with mice and cursors on windows 10, which happens anywhere using the OS, on the desktop, in browsers, in games, etc. when i move the cursor slowly, or a small amount, theres no lag, but if i quickly perform a large movement, the cursor will...
  8. Keyboard movement lag

Keyboard movement lag: Everything was fine, i reinstalled my windows since i had low storage and had no idea what was causing it. Since I did that app centre from gigabyte was gone, i installed it again since it helped me with my FPS and such, after i did i started having this problem. I had this...
  9. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  10. Mouse's abnormal movements

Mouse's abnormal movements: I just don't know how to explain it. you can look at the picture I given you[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouses-abnormal-movements/f7c94a76-d997-4588-9360-630734fdb409