Windows 10: Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as.

Discus and support Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,Apologies if this has been answered before/in the wrong section, but I have been searching on and off for months for a fix for my issue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by deezajay, Jul 10, 2021.

1. deezajay Win User

Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as.

Hello everyone,Apologies if this has been answered before/in the wrong section, but I have been searching on and off for months for a fix for my issue, but have not been able to solve it. Basically as the subject states, I'm having jerky movement with my mouse in games, so looking around. Can really notice it in FPS games. On the desk top it's not such a problem, but in that respect such accuracy is not needed. I have tried many DPI/polling rate settings, mouse pad/surfaces, enhanced precision pointer on and off, G-Sync on and off pointer speeds and cannot seem to fix this issue. Also used dif

:)

deezajay, Jul 10, 2021
  2. Ron_966 Win User

Windows 10 - Jerky Mouse Movement

What kind of USB controller does everybody have? My Alienware has an ASmedia controller and has choppy mouse movements. My Lenovo has an AMD controller and is smooth on both the touchpad and my wireless mouse.

Ron_966, Jul 10, 2021
  3. empleat Win User
    Mouse floaty after update/restart

Yeah Windows update resets startup setting of services and some other setting like: turning on disk defrag. It resets even prefetcher to 3. You will have to remember, or write tweaks you did. I noticed this also. After an update mouse is laggy. It also resets disable dynamic tick, so that could be it! Also make sure to remove every data from SmoothMouseXCurve and SmoothMouseYCurve for 1:1 mouse movement ratio at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse. This option activates smoothing by default. So turning on raw_input in some games...

If you want to know more, check my input lag guide: share gaming tweaks and chec my comprehensive list will blow your mind

empleat, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as.

Creators Update Mouse Filter (Deadzone for slow movements)

Is there any way to disable the deadzone for moving my mouse very slowly? It seems to break games that run on the source engine (while using rawinput 0) as well as other games I'm sure. It alters mouse input on everything.

Even when using rawinput 1 in games it seems like it still impacts the mouse control. It just doesn't make it completely broken and unplayable. It makes it very hard to consistently control aim in different games as well as pixel precise movements in editing
    software. It seems to just slow me down.

Please help! Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as. :(. This was introduced in the Creators update, 100%. It seems to act as a kind of mouse filter where verrrrrry slow movement is ignored entirely rather than keeping track of the smaller movements until it adds up to a larger movement like it
    should.

Using the mouse movement recorder that tracks the refreshrate of your mouse, it seems far more difficult to make the mouse stick to its max of 1000 Hz. It doesn't seem to pick up on initial movement as quickly as if its some kind of aggressive USB power
    saving function.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Afferoxxy Nomak, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as.

1. Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as. - Similar Threads - Mouse movement smooth

2. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  3. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  4. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Application window moves artificially smooth and is lagged behind actual mouse movement.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application window moves artificially smooth and is lagged behind actual mouse movement.: Hey everyone I have a weird problem i have never encountered before... one of my applications is acting weird, when I grab the window and move it around the desktop it is extremely smooth not matching my actual mouse inputs and inputs also have .5-1 sec delay. This started...
  6. UPDATE On Inconsistent mouse movement/ smoothing/ acceleration issue.

UPDATE On Inconsistent mouse movement/ smoothing/ acceleration issue.: As you can see from my previous posts regarding this, this is something I have been trying to suss out for a while. I have sinply taken the next step to eliminate possible causes, and this is in the form of a PS/2 mouse. The issue is still prevalant when hid-compliant...
  7. FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.

FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.: This is happening to be the 2nd time. Everything works fine on my laptop, but when I play a game, even that works flawlessly if I don't touch the mouse. As soon as I use the mouse for movement, panning and stuff, The FPS drops and game starts to stutter. This happens only...
  8. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games: I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very annoying and severe FPS drop. I've been researching this for weeks, tried every fix imaginable and I can't fix it. I cannot play my...
  9. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  10. Mouse's abnormal movements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse's abnormal movements: I just don't know how to explain it. you can look at the picture I given you[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouses-abnormal-movements/f7c94a76-d997-4588-9360-630734fdb409

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc why is my my controller smoother than my mouse

2. Controller Mouse Movement

3. why is thr mouse so jittery and the dontroller is not

4. when i use a mouse its choopy snd when i ise a co troller its smooth