Windows 10: Mouse Movement starts to lag the whole computer while playing games.

Discus and support Mouse Movement starts to lag the whole computer while playing games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have not used my computer for a while and now i noticed that when launching and playing some games, the whole computer lags and only while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Simas Stoncius, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Mouse Movement starts to lag the whole computer while playing games.

Hello,

I have not used my computer for a while and now i noticed that when launching and playing some games, the whole computer lags and only while i move the mouse. This happens not on all games, and only when moving the mouse (i can click all of the mouse buttons and move with a keyboard).

I have tried to reinstall mouse drivers in device manager, install Steel-series Engine for my mouse, update windows to a newer version, reinstall video card drivers using DDU, use an anti-virus to check for viruses (actually removed a couple), set DPI scaling options manually on some games, used selective startup using only Microsoft services via MSCONFIG, removed all auto-startup items and reinstalled some games. Nothing helped.

Task manager shows no spike in CPU/Ram usage, also alt+tabbing to desktop starts to work fine again.

My Specs are:

Windows 10 1809 build

Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz CPU

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram (3000 MHz)

MSI GAMING R9 390x 8Gb GPU

Booting from an SSD and All games are installed on a separate SSD.

This thing started just recently and checking the Internet, nobody who has the similar or same problem has it fixed or told what fix they used.

:)

Simas Stoncius, Mar 11, 2019

2. Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

Hi Kay,

For me to better assist you with this concern, I would like to gather more information about the issue at hand. Allow me to ask the following:

• What updates were trying to install on the background?
    • Did the issue appear after the updates were installed?
    • What type of mouse were you using?
    • Does the mouse lags when playing a specific game?

In the meantime, please start your computer in safe mode and see if the issue persists. Doing so will help us determine whether or not the recent updates have triggered the problem. Please check the link Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 11, 2019
  3. jitter mouse movement in games.

Greetings,

I've had this issue since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I've got an issue involving stuttering when I game with a mouse, but it works flawless when I plug in a controller. As you can hopefully see here;

But please, do set it to 60 fps, I don't know if it's visible at a lower framerate.

The problem isn't exclusive to this game, it's in every game I play afaik.

My current mouse is a Logitech g500 set at 4000 dpi with a polling rate of 1000.

I tried several fixes to no avail.

Specifications

• gtx 680
    • i7 3820
    • 1 tb WD 7200 rpm
    • 16 gb ram
    • p9x79 motherboard
    • Windows 10 Home premium 64 bit

I've tried it currently in these games:

• Warframe (as seen in the video)
    • Fallout New Vegas
    • The Talos Principle
    • DeadCore
    • Crysis (and it lags like there's no tomorrow aswell, on minimal settings, no idea if its related)
    • Dark pulse
    All of the above are the steam versions of the game, except dark pulse which is from gog, DRM free. (thought steam might be the trouble maker)

I've also formatted today, again, hoping it would be fixed, sadly it wasn't the case.

I'm at a loss on what to do, does anyone have an idea?

I'd very much appreciate any help,

Thank you very very much,

Mihail

EDIT: When going back to windows 7, the issue came with me, so I reckon it's probably hardware related, I'm not not sure, so if anyone has any idea, please, do tell.

Mihail Cristescu, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Mouse Movement starts to lag the whole computer while playing games.

Mouse Lag

Hello ,

Yesterday my mouse begun lagging as hell when i was playing fortnite.

every movement i make the mouse seems not to respond.

If i get shot from behind i can't turn around.

And i noticed the more people are shooting me or fighting me the moe mouse lag i have.

and it is only on fortnite the mouse lag. i hope you guys can help me.

(sorry for my english btw )

MattiLamers, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Movement starts to lag the whole computer while playing games.

1. Mouse Movement starts to lag the whole computer while playing games. - Similar Threads - Mouse Movement starts

2. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  3. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  4. My computer keeps lagging, specifically while playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps lagging, specifically while playing games.: Windows Network DiagnosticsDetects problems with network connectivity.Package Version:4.0Publisher:Microsoft WindowsNetwork AdapterFind and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.Package Version:3.0Publisher:Microsoft Corporation Root cause:This computer is...
  5. My computer keeps lagging, specifically while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps lagging, specifically while playing games.: Windows Network DiagnosticsDetects problems with network connectivity.Package Version:4.0Publisher:Microsoft WindowsNetwork AdapterFind and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.Package Version:3.0Publisher:Microsoft Corporation Root cause:This computer is...
  6. My computer keeps lagging, specifically while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements

Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements: I've been experiencing a problem with mice and cursors on windows 10, which happens anywhere using the OS, on the desktop, in browsers, in games, etc. when i move the cursor slowly, or a small amount, theres no lag, but if i quickly perform a large movement, the cursor will...
  8. Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer.

Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer.: Hello there, I have a problem where upon starting my computer for the first time, my mouse is either too fast, or too slow. Changing the speed in settings does not work, however if I restart my computer, the mouse speed will be normal. So whenever I start my computer, I...
  9. Logitech G502 mouse beeping and lagging while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech G502 mouse beeping and lagging while playing games: Hello, I have the following problem. For about 3 weeks now my mouse has been lagging sometimes while playing video games. While this happens, there are also some beeping noises like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuolB3uESyA Somehow when browsing or doing...
  10. Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop

Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop: Hey guys. I'm honestly getting so annoyed with this. I have a laptop that I got about 1.5 years ago (HP), and recently every single mouse that I plug into the laptop seems to lag. By lag I mean when you drag it across the screen it will stop and stutter in places. My...