Windows 10: Mouse Movement

Discus and support Mouse Movement in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StephenFletcher2, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Mouse Movement

I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen..

:)

StephenFletcher2, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the mouse without any issues?
    3. Does the issue with the mouse occur when it is used on a different system?

I would suggest you to update the driver for your mouse under ‘Mice and other pointing devices’. You can follow the steps in this article on ‘Update
    drivers in Windows 10
    ’ and uninstall the mouse driver.

Please visit this link to download and install the driver for your ‘Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse’.
    Kindly restart the system and check if this worked out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Jerky Mouse Movement

Sorry to learn about your frustrations. Your mouse problem seems slightly different from the jerky mouse movement on Lenovo's ThinkPad Helix (1st gen with Core i5-3###U). Since we have different hardware, our problems are different. Having said that,
    here is how I somehow stumbled upon my solution.

While I was trying to troubleshoot the problem last year, I noticed that:

• The jerky mouse movement will occur several minutes after windows finish booting and I had some chance to open some software like Excel, Outlook or Window's setting options with different duration of normality.
    • The mouse behaved normally within the space of the device manager window and similar Window's setting screen, but stutter immediately when the mouse cursor leaves the area onto the desktop or other program windows.

Since the jerky movement never occur before the ver. 1511 update at the time, it can be safely assumed that there is a driver conflict with the newer version of Windows 10. But since there are so many device drivers, I started with the most obvious, the
    mouse driver, but that apparently didn't work because the jerky mouse movement affects the trackpad, trackpoint and external mouse wired or wireless. The reason that I finally started look into the audio driver is from similar experience I had troubleshoot
    older computer some years back.

After disabling the audio driver completely in device manager, the jerky mouse problem went away after reboot. But in this day and age, no audio is out of question, so I look elsewhere and found that there are some audio related program in the startup list.
    So I disabled them and reboot, then I found the problem went away without disabling the audio device driver completely.

Not familiar with the FMAPP.exe solution from other contributors. And recently in June

HeyRenee
    mentioned his/her problem was contributed by Adobe Flash security update.

My method is basically trial and error. In the device manager, disable something, reboot and test. In the startup disable something, reboot and test. Stuck on something and finally jump out of the box and try something else. Took couple days to arrive
    at the solution by accident. Pretty stupid way to go about it. If I had started with the startup list, I'd arrive at the solution fairly quickly. (search and run Task Manager, click Startup tab)

Like to mention that since I have upgraded to another ThinkPad, I basically wipe everything on the ThinkPad Helix and clean installed the Windows 10's anniversary update (ver. 1607), no jerky mouse movement at all with default drivers. I installed the Lenovo's
    Companion and installed Helix specific driver updates and BIOS, avoided audio driver updates if any just in case, and found the mouse behave normally. And so far I don't see the need to install tpfancontrol to keep the Helix cool and lower the fan noise.

I hope you find your solutions soon. Good luck.

Airaonmars, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Mouse Movement

Weird mouse movement (jumping and circle seen)

Hello
    ptenter,

The issue you're experiencing with your mouse could be caused by an out-of-date driver or hardware related. We'd like to know more about your issue. Please answer the following questions below:

• Are referring to an external mouse or the laptop touchpad?
    • Have you tried using an external mouse and check if the issue persists?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running? You can find this information by clicking the Start button, type
      winver, and then press
      Enter.

In the mean time, I suggest that you follow the steps in these support articles:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlo Fer, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Movement

1. Mouse Movement - Similar Threads - Mouse Movement

2. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  3. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  4. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  6. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  7. There's no option to change movement speed on Microsoft Roblox to keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's no option to change movement speed on Microsoft Roblox to keyboard and mouse: Using a windows 11 pc, I downloaded Roblox off the Microsoft store. I'm trying to use shift lock but it is not working. Yes the game IS compatible with shift lock and the option is infact on.Yet no matter what moment option in settings I use it does not work- But I also do...
  8. There's no option to change movement speed on Microsoft Roblox to keyboard and mouse

There's no option to change movement speed on Microsoft Roblox to keyboard and mouse: Using a windows 11 pc, I downloaded Roblox off the Microsoft store. I'm trying to use shift lock but it is not working. Yes the game IS compatible with shift lock and the option is infact on.Yet no matter what moment option in settings I use it does not work- But I also do...
  9. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  10. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote mouse jerky

2. how to solve abnormal cursor movement in windows