Windows 10: mouse moving slowly and automatically after I click the the app icon in the taskbar to try...

Discus and support mouse moving slowly and automatically after I click the the app icon in the taskbar to try... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happens a week ago. The problem is: whenever I move my mouse into the taskbar, it gets locked and slowly move through all minimized app icons and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZeWang4, Mar 15, 2021.

1. ZeWang4 Win User

mouse moving slowly and automatically after I click the the app icon in the taskbar to try...

This happens a week ago. The problem is: whenever I move my mouse into the taskbar, it gets locked and slowly move through all minimized app icons and then slowly moving across the window. During this process, I have no control of the laptop. I can still switch windows by using alt+tab but not mouse anymore. Any suggestions? I'm using window 10 pro insider build version.

:)

ZeWang4, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 15, 2021
  4. mouse moving slowly and automatically after I click the the app icon in the taskbar to try...

Moving the icons

The icons on the Desktop or the Taskbar?

If it is the Taskbar (Vista/7 is the same process;

This should assist you.

The Windows Vista Taskbar - dummies

"Unlock and move the taskbar"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/unlock-and-move-the-taskbar

To unlock the taskbar

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar. If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked. You can unlock it by clicking
      Lock the Taskbar, which removes the check mark.

Note

• To lock the taskbar back into place, right-click an empty space on the taskbar, and then click
      Lock the Taskbar so that the check mark appears.

To move the taskbar

• Click an empty space on the taskbar, and then hold down the mouse button as you drag the taskbar to one of the four edges of the desktop. When the taskbar is where you want it, release the mouse button.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

mouse moving slowly and automatically after I click the the app icon in the taskbar to try...

1. mouse moving slowly and automatically after I click the the app icon in the taskbar to try... - Similar Threads - mouse moving slowly

2. Windows 10 taskbar not showing app icons after move

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 taskbar not showing app icons after move: tldr: Taskbar is not showing app icons after directory move. These are portable apps.Example: How to reproduce the issue:1. I have a bunch of portable apps under C:\Programs\ The example in the photo is Git Bash: C:\Programs\Git\git-bash.exe2. I decided to organize the apps...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar not showing app icons after move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar not showing app icons after move: tldr: Taskbar is not showing app icons after directory move. These are portable apps.Example: How to reproduce the issue:1. I have a bunch of portable apps under C:\Programs\ The example in the photo is Git Bash: C:\Programs\Git\git-bash.exe2. I decided to organize the apps...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar not showing app icons after move

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  6. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  7. Mouse will move but not click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse will move but not click?: My pc makes a noise like something is being connected after it is restarted and about 5 seconds after home screen appears then my mouse will still move but not click. When it’s booted in safe mode the mouse works fine. Nothing is being connected to my PC so I have no idea...
  8. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  9. Apps move to background when mouse clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps move to background when mouse clicked: Hello everybody! Im experiencing the most peculiar sporadic error and i cant find anything that seems relevant when searching for it.. The computer works just fine most of the time, but sometimes the system seem to send any and all apps to background when clicked. This can...
  10. mouse cursor slowly drifting automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mouse cursor slowly drifting automatically: happenes on my desktop pc, its not a hardware issue, mouse working fine on my laptops. also if i remove the mouse, the cursor still moves slowly without a mouse attached! definately a windows issue. does any1 had this before? submitted by /u/qjay [link] [comments]...