Windows 10: Mouse no longer works

Discus and support Mouse no longer works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I discovered that my mouse stopped working, and I went to device manager and noticed that when I went to micr and other point devices under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Conner Wallace, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Mouse no longer works

Today I discovered that my mouse stopped working, and I went to device manager and noticed that when I went to micr and other point devices under HID-compliant mouse, It said, “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39The specified image file did not have the correct format, it did not have an initial MZ.”I’m not sure what to do as all the “fixes” require a mouse to use and mine wont work.

:)

Conner Wallace, Dec 1, 2023

2. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 1, 2023
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 1, 2023
  4. elbeasto Win User

Mouse no longer works

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Mouse no longer works

1. Mouse no longer works - Similar Threads - Mouse longer works

2. Mouse no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse no longer works: Today I discovered that my mouse stopped working, and I went to device manager and noticed that when I went to micr and other point devices under HID-compliant mouse, It said, “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing....
  3. Mouse no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse no longer works: Today I discovered that my mouse stopped working, and I went to device manager and noticed that when I went to micr and other point devices under HID-compliant mouse, It said, “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing....
  4. My mouse wheel no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse wheel no longer works: My mouse wheel no longer works and scrolls up and down when trying to scroll down. I have tried changing mouse and it still does it. I have tried playing around with the mouse settings and updating the drivers but that hasn't made a difference....
  5. My mouse wheel no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse wheel no longer works: My mouse wheel no longer works and scrolls up and down when trying to scroll down. I have tried changing mouse and it still does it. I have tried playing around with the mouse settings and updating the drivers but that hasn't made a difference....
  6. My mouse wheel no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse click no longer works on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse click no longer works on login screen: All of a sudden a few days ago clicking the mouse when starting-up the laptop stopped working. Luckily, I remembered that in old versions of windows you sometimes used to have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the login screen. That does indeed work. If I hadn't remembered...
  8. Internal Mouse no longer works

Internal Mouse no longer works: A year ago i bought a HP ENVY X 360 convertible note book computer. I only had it five months and the internal mouse quit working. It only works sporatically. I do use an external mouse from logitech. Is there a war going on between the two? I ask this because not too long...
  9. Arc Touch Mouse no longer working

Arc Touch Mouse no longer working: I have had this mouse since about 2014 and I have never had a single problem with it, but after this last update it no longer connects or even registers as Arc Touch in my system settings. I have tried everything they have said to reconnect it, but none of it works. Is there...
  10. Bluetooth mouse no longer works correctly

Bluetooth mouse no longer works correctly: Hi, after installing the cumulative update September KB4458469 my Bluetooth mouse connected to my MS Surface 4 frequently hangs and stops working entirely after some minutes. Switching off and on helps for until the next failure. I have already replaced the batteries and...