Windows 10: Mouse not available to Boot Cds on new laptop

Discus and support Mouse not available to Boot Cds on new laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i boot the Macrium UEFI BootDisk to do related work, i have access to a mouse and cursor on my HP laptop. I have purchased a new laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perfection, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Mouse not available to Boot Cds on new laptop

When i boot the Macrium UEFI BootDisk to do related work, i have access to a mouse and cursor on my HP laptop.

I have purchased a new laptop and booted the Macrium CD to image the system drive but i did not have access to a mouse. I tried several times but no success. I tried other boot CDs on the new laptop but the mouse never was available (but was always available for the same boot CDs on the earlier HP laptop)

Plugging in a usb corded mouse after booting with the Macrium (and other Boot Cds) works and i get access to mouse control

The laptop has a precision touchpad and device manager describes i as HID compliant mouse located on I2C HID Device

Tried the following
    - updating the driver
    - disabling and re-enabling the device

No settings appear to be there in the BIOS menu

Any suggestions to get mouse access while using boot CDs

Thanks

:)

perfection, Aug 13, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Aug 13, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Mouse not available to Boot Cds on new laptop

i buy a new laptop without cd rom

Hi Teodor Adrian,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why your external CD ROM is missing. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Are you getting any error message?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your CD or DVD which is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Mouse not available to Boot Cds on new laptop

1. Mouse not available to Boot Cds on new laptop - Similar Threads - Mouse available Boot

2. Can't burn CDs on Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't burn CDs on Windows 10 Laptop: I wanted to burn a couple songs to a CD, but I keep getting errors with various different programs. I'm using the built in HP laptop optical drive. Using the built-in Windows Media Player, I get "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  3. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop: I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the fixes seem to work. Surely there MUST be a fix from microsoft for this? Not something requiring in-depth programming knowledge...
  4. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop: I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the fixes seem to work. Surely there MUST be a fix from microsoft for this? Not something requiring in-depth programming knowledge...
  5. Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player

Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player: I have a Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 that has worked with my external CD/DVD player/burner for two years. Suddenly it is not reading the media on the disc and saying that they are blank when they are pre-recorded. I have tried this on several discs and one other external...
  6. cds

cds: Hi I was just wondering. how can I make a cd back to when I first insert it to choose if it is like a usb or like a cd/DVD thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds/3f3e5c97-7628-4f37-be87-79c80c34bd6b
  7. CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CDs: I have a dell 65XXI forgetlaptop Gotwindows10 several weeks ago Do not look at or listen to CDs often… cannot now see or hear any CD Device manager shows a dvd someting drive that says it is working properly I do not know if that is the same as an optical disk drive...
  8. cds

cds: when I insert a cd video from a vacation I was on......how do I view it? i'm only able to hear it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds/801d30e1-facf-49ab-bf2b-512cb527aa27
  9. Log in on new Laptop - PIN is no longer available....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in on new Laptop - PIN is no longer available....: I set up my nephews new laptop this morning and now we can't even log into it. It gives this error, but I cannot access the settings to change the pin. [ATTACH] I have accessed his outlook account via another laptop but cannot find where to change the PIN. Someone...
  10. burn cds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn cds: how to burn cds when windows cannot find file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/7a3a7367-2c9f-473a-8e8c-51a3a78d0da8"