Windows 10: Mouse not locking in place in all first person games

Discus and support Mouse not locking in place in all first person games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, everything was going fine, and one day I decided to install windows precision touchpad driver. But, that did not work because it was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CoolAbhi1290, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Mouse not locking in place in all first person games

So, everything was going fine, and one day I decided to install windows precision touchpad driver. But, that did not work because it was not compatible. So, I uninstalled the driver, and let windows implement's its default touchpad driver. Everything was good until one day I decided to work on unity to make a first-person game. My mouse wasn't locking in place. Then, when I played Minecraft, my mouse didn't lock in place either. Any single-player game whether it is local, or in a browser the mouse won't lock. It's annoying as I keep launching other apps from my taskbar or even closing the window as my mouse won't lock.

It's not just Minecraft, it's all games which tries to lock your mouse!I have tried resetting my drivers, updating windows, change mouse ports, changing the mouse itself. Nothing works.

:)

CoolAbhi1290, Mar 26, 2020

2. Mouse Cursor not locking in Games

Hello Jabron,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Sometimes with a multiple monitor setup when you move your mouse from left to right inside the game the mouse can leave the game and move to a different monitor. If while your mouse is on the other screen you click (thinking you are still in the game) it
    can alt + tab you out of the game and in some cases crash it.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to define a Keyboard Shortcut to Lock or Unlock Mouse Movements to the Monitor with Mouse Cursor. Once Mouse is Locked to one Monitor, you will not be able to move the Mouse Cursor to any other Monitor unless
    you Unlock Mouse by pressing the Keyboard Shortcut again

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Mouse not locking in place in all first person games

ARC Mouse locking up Surface Win 10 Tablet

Hello Eric,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact of your Surface device?
    • Please clarify that the issue is about the ARC Bluetooth Mouse somehow locks your computer and sends you to the lockscreen.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to try performing the steps in the articles below to troubleshoot the said issue:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Mouse not locking in place in all first person games

1. Mouse not locking in place in all first person games - Similar Threads - Mouse locking place

2. Mouse cursor not locking in place in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor not locking in place in games: Hello! I have been having an odd problem revolving around my mouse not locking in the middle of the screen when playing games such as Minecraft and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video with Roblox's caps lock feature and zooming in to first person. When doing such,...
  3. Mouse cursor not locking in place in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor not locking in place in games: Hello! I have been having an odd problem revolving around my mouse not locking in the middle of the screen when playing games such as Minecraft and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video with Roblox's caps lock feature and zooming in to first person. When doing such,...
  4. Mouse cursor not locking in place in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse cursor NOT locking on all microsoft games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor NOT locking on all microsoft games.: All of my microsoft games cursor keeps going off the game screen. for example. whenever I look down the cursor leaves the screen and goes to taskbar, and same goes to when I look up. the only solution I can find is to restart my pc to get it fixed, then the problem comes back...
  6. Mouse cursor NOT locking on all microsoft games.

Mouse cursor NOT locking on all microsoft games.: All of my microsoft games cursor keeps going off the game screen. for example. whenever I look down the cursor leaves the screen and goes to taskbar, and same goes to when I look up. the only solution I can find is to restart my pc to get it fixed, then the problem comes back...
  7. Cloud gaming mouse lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud gaming mouse lock: When using cloud gaming on my PC with a controller mouse lock never works so when I'm playing the mouse is flying the mouse is flying around the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-gaming-mouse-lock/40ede5d7-7b8e-4637-8c69-d559af6a550f
  8. Cloud gaming mouse lock

Cloud gaming mouse lock: When using cloud gaming on my PC with a controller mouse lock never works so when I'm playing the mouse is flying the mouse is flying around the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-gaming-mouse-lock/40ede5d7-7b8e-4637-8c69-d559af6a550f
  9. Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.: Description:I've been having a weird problem lately in the latest Windows 11 Insider Builds. The mouse cursor would not lock in place in games such as: Subnautica, Raft, Phasmophobia, and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video of me using Roblox's caps lock feature...
  10. Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.

Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.: Description:I've been having a weird problem lately in the latest Windows 11 Insider Builds. The mouse cursor would not lock in place in games such as: Subnautica, Raft, Phasmophobia, and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video of me using Roblox's caps lock feature...