Windows 10: mouse not moving when key pressed

Discus and support mouse not moving when key pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by papperboy3498, Jun 10, 2019.

1. mouse not moving when key pressed

my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad trackpad. I unchecked "hide pointer while typing" but the problem continues. Is there any fix? If so, what's the fix?

:)

papperboy3498, Jun 10, 2019
  2. duhasian Win User

I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also have Synaptics 7.5 (19.0.10). The only way I can move my mouse while pressing any key is pressing (any key) + shift. Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

duhasian, Jun 10, 2019
  3. DavidY Win User
    How to restore offscreen VLC?

If I've understood the problem correctly(?), you might try this:
    1. Open VLC and select it in the taskbar so it is the currently selected application (even though you can't see it)
    2. Let go of the mouse and be careful not to move it until step 6
    3. Use the Alt-Spacebar key combination
    4. There should be a little pop-up menu which appears. If 'Move' is an option, use the downward cursor/arrow key to select it and press enter. If 'Restore' is an option, select that option with the cursor keys, press Enter and go back to step 3
    5. Once you've selected Move, be careful to not move the mouse. Instead, hit one of the cursor/arrow keys (left/right/up/down) a couple of times
    6. *Then* move the mouse. With any luck the VLC window should come into view and you can re-position it.

DavidY, Jun 10, 2019
  4. mouse not moving when key pressed

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

mouse not moving when key pressed

1. mouse not moving when key pressed - Similar Threads - mouse moving key

2. Can't move my mouse when holding a key!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move my mouse when holding a key!: Cant Move mouse pointer while CTRL/Shift/ALT key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-my-mouse-when-holding-a-key/2dbba406-ffca-43ae-ace7-51ebdf37de3f
  3. Can't move my mouse when holding a key!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move my mouse when holding a key!: Cant Move mouse pointer while CTRL/Shift/ALT key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-my-mouse-when-holding-a-key/2dbba406-ffca-43ae-ace7-51ebdf37de3f
  4. Can not use Left Mouse Button when keys are pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not use Left Mouse Button when keys are pressed: This only started recently and I don't know why it switched from being able to click and use a keyboard simultaneously to not being able to. I have looked around the Internet for a while and can't figure out a solution, I tried using other mice and they experience the same...
  5. Can not use mouse when keys are pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not use mouse when keys are pressed: This only started recently and I don't know why it switched from being able to click and use a keyboard simultaneously to not being able to. I have looked around the Internet for a while and can't figure out a solution, I tried using other mice and they experience the same...
  6. Move mouse in the press of a button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move mouse in the press of a button: Is there something like a download to anything to let you move your mouse to the left/right in just a single press? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mouse-in-the-press-of-a-button/9786f425-ed8c-43a6-98d4-3a14cb82fdcc
  7. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  8. the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys: the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys, yet the mouse control with the key pad is turned off. this is very inconvenient and I don't like it. how to fix it? again, the function to control the mouse with keys is turned OFF. this is awful. how do I fix it?...
  9. cursor not moving when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89
  10. Mouse pad freezes when keys are pressed

Mouse pad freezes when keys are pressed: since i updated to the windows 10 every time i press a key my mouse freezes for about 5 second. Does not freeze when I click CTRL, FN, ALT, SHIFT. I have turned off time delay for the mouse but nothing changed. 27590

Users found this page by searching for:

1. howto fix cursor not moving when pressing a key

2. touchpad cursor wont move after key press

3. one key pressed on the keyboard the mouse pad is not moving?

4. cursor is not moving when press,
  5. mouse not moving when pressing keys