Windows 10: Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

Discus and support Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last update to Windows 10 I have no way to change the vertical scrolling on my mouse. It only affects the volume control. This is affecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ALGELI, Dec 19, 2020.

1. ALGELI Win User

Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

Since the last update to Windows 10 I have no way to change the vertical scrolling on my mouse. It only affects the volume control. This is affecting all aspects of control including gaming and browsing. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the driver.

:)

ALGELI, Dec 19, 2020
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Mouse Scroll not working to scroll pages. only can Change the Volume control. How to fix it?

HarrietClark1, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

1. Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume - Similar Threads - Mouse Scrolling controls

2. Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel: So, in Windows 10, when you click on the system default speaker symbol in the task bar, you can adjust the volume by just scrolling the mouse wheel up and down. This feature seems to be gone in Windows 11, or does anyone know how to enable it?...
  3. Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel: So, in Windows 10, when you click on the system default speaker symbol in the task bar, you can adjust the volume by just scrolling the mouse wheel up and down. This feature seems to be gone in Windows 11, or does anyone know how to enable it?...
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  5. Mouse Wheel Controls Volume

Mouse Wheel Controls Volume: How to stop mouse wheel from controlling volume. [Original Title: Mouse] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wheel-controls-volume/82f02e91-2c26-4df0-a6a4-5103ef7a4dd5
  6. Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same.: Hey, I used to have a SteelSeries headset which had a cool software addition called ChatMix. It separated the audio from calls and media, so that the volume slider only affected the media. It made playing games and talking on discord very nice, as call volume never needed to...
  7. Mouse scrolling controlled sound

Mouse scrolling controlled sound: I have been having this issue for the past few days and haven't found a fix for it. My mouse scroll wheel started to controll volume instead of pages and tabs. I have tried many different things. I have tried holding my dpi button for three seconds, disabled and enabled the...
  8. Mouse wheel wont scroll pages. Only will adjust volume

Mouse wheel wont scroll pages. Only will adjust volume: I don't understand what happened. I don't know how to fix it. Anyone who knows about this please help me. I have a magic eagle gaming mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wheel-wont-scroll-pages-only-will-adjust/c90b7fe7-cfa8-4258-9b23-00fb3702268b
  9. mouse scroll only affects volume

mouse scroll only affects volume: mouse scroll only works to change the control does not do any of the other normal stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-scroll-only-affects-volume/cfa086ad-73a5-4e0b-965e-0c7fa6b85dcd
  10. Want a program to control volume with mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want a program to control volume with mouse: I used to use Volumouse, but it's not working too well on Windows 10. Are there any alternatives? 14347