Windows 10: Mouse not working after 20H2 update

Discus and support Mouse not working after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrzej Saski, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until instaling update.My machine is Razer Blade Stealth 2019

:)

Andrzej Saski, Nov 30, 2021

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Designer Mouse Not Working

Hi Henry,

We understand that your Microsoft designer mouse is working on other devices but not on your Windows 10 PC. This can be an issue with an outdated mouse driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you update the device driver. Here's how:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Mouse not working after 20H2 update

1. Mouse not working after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Mouse working 20H2

2. Chrome not working after 20H2 update installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome not working after 20H2 update installation: After upgrading to 20H2 at my Firm, Chrome will open once, then never again. The Event Viewer shows the following:Faulting application name: chrome.exe, version: 97.0.4692.99, time stamp: 0x61e7429b Faulting module name: GDI32.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp:...
  3. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  4. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  5. Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sounds not working after 20H2 update!: I have just had my pc update windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 os build 19042.985 and now my sound is not working. I have tried all the usual delete & reinstall drivers etc but to no avail.It state there is no audio device installed even though when I check device manager...
  6. External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update: I updated Windows 10 to the 20h2 version and after that my external Bluetooth keyboard and mouse started having issues and disconnecting every day at least once. I thought that the issue is with the keyboard or BT but then I brought back my old wire keyboard and I also...
  7. Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2: After installing WINDOWS 10 version 20H2, it worked without any problem, but when I left the computer for about 30 minutes and returned, the keyboard, mouse, and monitor did not respond, and the back of the mouse did not glow red. So, when I connected to another PC to check...
  8. DNS not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS not working after 20H2 update: I have a client system that just received the feature update to 20H2. The laptop will connect to the user's local WiFi network and we get a response from ping 8.8.8.8 AND if we connect to our company using the vpn server's IP address (vs the FQDN) we can connect and use the...
  9. Windows Update not working after 20H2 update.

Windows Update not working after 20H2 update.: [ATTACH] I've recently updated to windows 10 20H2 update. Worked fine for a while. Suddenly, Windows Updates stopped working. When I open Settings > Windows Update, I get this message. Something went wrong. Try opening Settings Later....
  10. Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update

Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update: I just built my own PC just a few weeks ago and I bought a WIFI card from a random brand called Fenvi. It had integrated Bluetooth also and it worked fine for the first few weeks on Windows 2004. No dropouts and everything was fine, until I updated to 20H2. Can I expect an...