Windows 10: mouse not working after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support mouse not working after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the latest WIndows update, my Microsoft 3500 wireless mouse work. I have checked Device Manager under Mice and other pointing defivces and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaggieKlein, May 29, 2020.

1. mouse not working after latest Windows 10 update

After the latest WIndows update, my Microsoft 3500 wireless mouse work. I have checked Device Manager under Mice and other pointing defivces and it isn't listed. Under 'View' I selected show hidden devices and it is not there either. How do I get the mouse back online?

:)

MaggieKlein, May 29, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 29, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

mouse not working after latest Windows 10 update

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 29, 2020
Thema:

mouse not working after latest Windows 10 update

1. mouse not working after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - mouse working latest

2. Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update: HiWhen powerin on my pc my keyboard and mouse work just fine but once windows loads up into the lockscreen they do not work what so ever.This issue has occured to me BEFORE and a system restore fixed it however, if you read on you will see i attempted this again without any...
  3. Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update

Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update: The latest Window's update stopped my usb mouse from working. It was working fine right before the update. I've tried troubleshooting and nothing has fixed the issue. The mouse works on other computers, and I've tried a different mouse so that's not the problem either. Any...
  4. No mouse will work after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No mouse will work after windows 10 update.: Why are windows updates worse than any virus? After an update last night, windows is not showing my displays correctly. Scaling and resolution are off, and all of my apps and toolbar are offscreen. That's dumb, but I can fix it. But wait, nothing happens when I click my...
  5. Inbuilt Keyboard & Mouse Touchpad not working after window 10 latest update

Inbuilt Keyboard & Mouse Touchpad not working after window 10 latest update: Earlier I was the old version of windows 10. Now I have installed the latest version of window 10 to my system. Here are the details: Window details: Window 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build: 18363.592 / 18363.836 Tried both of them i.e. without and after window update...
  6. USB mouse not working after latest update.

USB mouse not working after latest update.: Usb mouse not working after latest update. Has anyone found an answer yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-not-working-after-latest-update/63430795-c73e-4da2-a5a3-c7a3b06f67fb
  7. Windows 10 not working properly after the latest update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 not working properly after the latest update?: I updated my windows 10 yesterday, 31/08/2019, now my Microsoft edge deletes the email of yahoo whenever I click my email to read, and it automatically deletes the text in search bar or search engine also when I click on any app in task manager it automatically end tasks...
  8. Mouse stopped working after latest update?

Mouse stopped working after latest update?: I've grown a deep disdain for Microsoft products and their crappy updates. My computer was working fine and then suddenly my mouse stopped working. The USB doesn't detect ANYTHING now. A Google search shows just about EVERY year a Microsoft update causes USB issues. All...
  9. Wireless mouse not working after latest windows 10 update

Wireless mouse not working after latest windows 10 update: After updated the latest widows 10 update, the wireless mouse stops working. Then I asked for help with online chatting with Microsoft. They tried remotely fixing problem updating drive, mouse devise, something to do with intel, USB,,etc. Wired mouse is working, changed...
  10. Wireless mouse freezing after latest windows 10 update.

Wireless mouse freezing after latest windows 10 update.: Anyone else experiencing this problem? Using Logitech wireless key board and mouse. Tried moving wireless transmitter to another USB port, deleting and re-installing drivers to no avail. The mouse pointer moves and then freezes for a few seconds then works again. Very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor vanishes in edge

2. mice and other pointing devices