Windows 10: Mouse not working from time to time

Discus and support Mouse not working from time to time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, my mouses fail to respond from time to time and I can only activate the mouse again by pressing the "Ctrl" button once or repeatedly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lidavid_1920, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Mouse not working from time to time

Recently, my mouses fail to respond from time to time and I can only activate the mouse again by pressing the "Ctrl" button once or repeatedly. Initially I thought my Logitech mouse was out of order. But then the same happens to the newly purchased Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse. Therefore, it's obvious that something wrong was done to the system through Microsoft updating to Windows 10. I checked the device manager and was returned with the message that all Drivers were updated with the latest versions.

Does anyone know how to fix this. I don't have an earlier Windows 10 to go back to.

Best regards,

David Li

:)

Lidavid_1920, Sep 27, 2019

2. mouse replacement time

Hello forum. I need to replace my mouse. I was hoping that the forum would have some suggestions for a new mouse. I would like a dual purpose mouse--one that would work for games and just regular stuff. And not break the bank either. I know. It's all too much to ask. Thanks a much.

arm and hand, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Time for a new mouse?

If you can still get one where you live, I'd suggest the Logitech G500s, but they're no longer made.
    Not a fan of Logitech's new mice, they don't feel like quality products any more and they look cheap.
    That said, I have a hard time using other mouse wheels, as they feel stiff compared to Logitech's.

TheLostSwede, Sep 27, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Mouse not working from time to time

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Mouse not working from time to time

1. Mouse not working from time to time - Similar Threads - Mouse working

2. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  3. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  4. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  6. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  7. No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work: Hey I was about to play a new game I installed on my computer from Ubisoft and but it said my graphics driver was out of date I went to update it. I then went back to the game to check it but it was still saying the same thing I went over to device manger to update it...
  8. No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work

No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work: Hey I was about to play a new game I installed on my computer from Ubisoft and but it said my graphics driver was out of date I went to update it. I then went back to the game to check it but it was still saying the same thing I went over to device manger to update it...
  9. Remote Desktop mouse not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop mouse not working [Fix]: [IMG]Is your mouse not working on the remote desktop? Many users have reported that mouse clicks just don’t work on their remote desktops, and some users have also reported that the mouse cursor disappears. If you are experiencing the same problem, we will show you how to fix...
  10. Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old usb arc mouse not working on either of 2 windows 11 machines - dongle is visible to the OS: Hi,We have an old arc mouse Surface Pro era, which had not been used since we updated to Windows 11.Here is system info:Mouse blue light is on with fresh batteries, but no cursor movement is visible on screen.Any thoughts or suggestions?...