Windows 10: mouse not working on new laptop after software installation

Discus and support mouse not working on new laptop after software installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing some software on new laptop mouse no longer responds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeywardEhrlich, Nov 18, 2019.

1. mouse not working on new laptop after software installation

After installing some software on new laptop mouse no longer responds

:)

HeywardEhrlich, Nov 18, 2019

2. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 18, 2019
  3. NABA123 Win User
    Touchpad and USB Mouse stopped working after resetting Windows 10 laptop

Thanks for your replies.

@krishna,

I have tried the steps you have listed, but unfortunately the mouse and touchpad still do not work. Are there any other steps I could try? If there's nothing else, I may as well try a clean install of Windows 10.

@Greg,

Yes, I have made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. As for your second suggestion, when I went into the mouse properties, the last tab leads to the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. There are no other software installed for managing the mouse. When
    I try to open the mouse/keyboard center, it always says no device detected. I have also gone through the install integrity checklist, but it has not helped. I guess if there are no other options, I will do a clean install of Windows 10. Anything else I can
    do?

Thanks.

NABA123, Nov 18, 2019
  4. mouse not working on new laptop after software installation

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

mouse not working on new laptop after software installation

1. mouse not working on new laptop after software installation - Similar Threads - mouse working laptop

2. Mouse not working on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working on laptop: Hey there, so i have a laptop that doesn't work with any mouse i plug in headset also doesn't work, tried mobile headphones too 3.5mm but nothing i reinstalled drivers, rolled back windows, reinstalled windows but nothing seems to help, im super lost right now, i don't think...
  3. Installing a new software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing a new software: I'm trying to download an tax software. I get a .dll error. What can I do to let the software download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-new-software/9a2ba91b-c4d9-4c95-87fa-c26fbfd3b182
  4. Installing a new software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing a new software: I'm trying to download an tax software. I get a .dll error. What can I do to let the software download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-new-software/9a2ba91b-c4d9-4c95-87fa-c26fbfd3b182
  5. Installing a new software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse: I plugged a mouse into my laptop and the mousepad stopped working. This isn't the first time I've used a mouse with this laptop and it's been fine every other time. The mousepad does not work even when I unplug the mouse again. I've tried updating/reinstalling the driver....
  7. Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse

Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse: I plugged a mouse into my laptop and the mousepad stopped working. This isn't the first time I've used a mouse with this laptop and it's been fine every other time. The mousepad does not work even when I unplug the mouse again. I've tried updating/reinstalling the driver....
  8. Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Cannot install new software

Cannot install new software: Hi, lately I'm having some problems with my laptop. About a week ago I had an issue where I couldn't log into my Microsoft account after installing some updates, it kept saying "Preparing Windows" and then logging me into a temporary account, but I fixed that by restarting....
  10. Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox: Hello, as the title says my mouse has stopped working after I installed VirtualBox. While I was installing it asked to install a driver, I clicked ok and from that point the mouse stopped working. I've looked over the internet for about 3 hours and I still haven't managed to...