Windows 10: Mouse not working properly after WIN 10 upgrade

Discus and support Mouse not working properly after WIN 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I shut the system down last night, an upgrade was installed. This morning when I booted up, the mouse was working fine for a bit then it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A_L_Camien, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Mouse not working properly after WIN 10 upgrade

When I shut the system down last night, an upgrade was installed. This morning when I booted up, the mouse was working fine for a bit then it just stopped. At first, the cursur wouldn't move. I had to use the touchpad to locate it (Need I say I'm not fond of the touchpad). I thought I was finished for the day so I simply powered down after I had checked my email and read some news.

After an hour or so, I had to do some work and booted up the laptop (Dell Inspiron 15, Series 3000, running WIN 10) again. Initially, I could use the mouse for maybe 10-15 minutes as usual. Then all of a sudden I didn't have any response with. I thought maybe it needed new batteries so I swapped them out. No change.

I then decided to use Microsoft Edge to see if there was a problem with the browser. However, I continued with the same problem.

Then I went on line to see if I could find a solution. I ran though various phases with lots of responses but none of them were anywhere near similar to the problem I'm having. I tried several of the offered solutions of which none worked even the one that suggested doing a hard boot. None of them worked.

However, occasionally I can click on something with the mouse and there is a response. For instance, when I went to www.microsoft.com I could click on many areas. I even used the mouse to respond to the "virtual" helper (what a joke) which was only concerned if my problems were with a Surface (OH COME ON!). I could even click on the X to close the window after I read the service agreement, which I think is a joke because I didn't have a problem before the upgrade and now Microsoft wants $$$$$ to fix a problem that appears to have been caused by them!

I am stressing that until the upgrade, I did not have this problem. I think I should be able to contact a Microsoft support person for a problem that appears to be a result of something within the upgrade.

:)

A_L_Camien, Sep 12, 2019

2. Wireless Mouse doesn't work properly

The different mouse that I tested on this works perfectly, but unfortunately, the mouse I used originally that I tested on the other computer, didn't work properly, just the buttons.

So, I bet that I'll either use the new mouse, which gets uncomfortable, because it's meant to be hidden in the computer via USB... Or, I buy a different mouse. Or, find the solution to the original problem..

Hunter Meredith, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Mouse not working properly after WIN 10 upgrade

DVD not working properly after win 10 upgrade

I have the Win. DVD player which installed with the upgrade.

The device manager shows the DVD-RW. I tried to update the driver but it says I have the best driver and the unit is working properly. I got a message a couple of times that the directory name is invalid D:\ That is how the DVD is listed in the drives menu.

I can play CD's using Win. media player. The autoplay works fine for CD's. but it won't recognize any DVD that I insert. I was initially trying to load software. I later tried a movie. The disk spins but nothing happens.

I tried disabling the DVD. I restarted the computer and then enabled it again as someone suggested in another thread but that didn't work.

JackDevitt, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Mouse not working properly after WIN 10 upgrade

1. Mouse not working properly after WIN 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Mouse working properly

2. Mouse not working properly..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working properly..: Recently I have been facing an issue that the cursor gets stuck and does not work properly.. I updated the mice and keyboard from device manager and after updating when I click on restart it does not start automatically and I have to hard shut it and start again. Also...
  3. Mouse not working properly..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working properly..: Recently I have been facing an issue that the cursor gets stuck and does not work properly.. I updated the mice and keyboard from device manager and after updating when I click on restart it does not start automatically and I have to hard shut it and start again. Also...
  4. Mouse not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working properly: I have a 128 GB system SSD and a 1TB HDD for my personal data. I have Windows 11 pro My system disk was was getting filled automatically without any movement. So, I do a reset to remove my all programs and reinstall windows.After the reset my mouse both USB and touchpad stop...
  5. Mouse not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working properly: I have a 128 GB system SSD and a 1TB HDD for my personal data. I have Windows 11 pro My system disk was was getting filled automatically without any movement. So, I do a reset to remove my all programs and reinstall windows.After the reset my mouse both USB and touchpad stop...
  6. Mouse not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working properly: My wired mouse hasn't been working properly with my windows PC. Whenever I try to scroll downwards, it scrolls upwards or downwards. It's a wired mouse and I've tried to clean it with air, update the driver and change the scroll speed and other solutions online. However, none...
  7. HID Compliant Mouse not working correctly after upgrade to Win 10 Version 1903

HID Compliant Mouse not working correctly after upgrade to Win 10 Version 1903: I am running Windows 10 Pro. On 10/03/2019 I upgraded to Version 1903, OS Build 18362.388. Since then, double-click with my HP wireless mouse does not work; prior to that, it did under 1803. It is a real hassle having to right click to get a drop down and then clicking...
  8. touchpad is not working properly after upgradation

touchpad is not working properly after upgradation: hi, my touchpad of Lenovo ideapad330 is not working after updation. its 2 fingurs scroll up down ,3 fingures functions are not working. getting difficulties in using it. eagerly waiting for a perfect solution....
  9. Mouse not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

Mouse not working after Windows 10 Upgrade: I updated to Windows 10 last night, and when I went to use my laptop this morning, the touchpad didn't work. I plugged in a USB mouse and it works fine; I've checked the device manager (I have ELAN) and it said the touchpad should be working. Yet it it isn't. Please help. 13391
  10. HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade: Dear Friends' I have upgraded to Win 10 last week and today for the first time I tried connecting my TV thro HDMI, It just shows my laptops Wall Paper, no icons on the desktop is seen on TV. When I Play video, the sound comes on TV , but no VDO but just my wallpaper image is...