Windows 10: Mouse not working properly on surface studio

Discus and support Mouse not working properly on surface studio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi - I have had an issue for past few days where the wireless Microsoft surface mouse on my Microsoft surface studio device is not working properly all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul-Killoe, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Mouse not working properly on surface studio

Hi - I have had an issue for past few days where the wireless Microsoft surface mouse on my Microsoft surface studio device is not working properly all of the time. If I click on web links or menu's or apps or items, the mouse is not always registering the click. Sometimes it does, other times it does not and I need to double or triple click a few times to register the click, and there is no pattern to it. I now often have to click twice to get it to click on things rather than the normal single click. I have updated the driver, reviewed all of the settings, battery in the mouse is fine, the single-click option is correctly chosen, and I even removed the troublesome recent Microsoft Windows 10 release KB4535996 but none of this is curing the problem. Even to type this message I am having problems getting the cursor to click to where I want to - I have to click multiple times to get it to register. If I try to double click on a word here to edit it or highlight it, the mouse requires 5 or 6 efforts to get that done. It is an intermittent problem which does not have any pattern. It is causing massive problems in using various design software where clicks/actions are not registering at all at times until I do multiple clicks. Can you advise what I can do to resolve?

:)

Paul-Killoe, Mar 6, 2020

2. Arc Bluetooth mouse not working properly with Surface 3

Experienced same issue, disconnecting Arc Mouse then reconnect worked fine, but not mouse interaction.

Below steps worked for me:

• Remove all Bluetooth connected devices, including Surface Type Cover and Surface Pen.
    • Disconnected the Surface Type Cover then reconnect. It will reinstall tand connect the device.
    • Then Add Bluetooth devices including Surface Pen and last but not least Arc Bluetooth Mouse.

Everything works fine again.

Wim van Wieren, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced - June 28 Surface

Source: Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (28 June 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mouse not working properly on surface studio

Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced - June 28

Source: Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (28 June 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Mouse not working properly on surface studio

1. Mouse not working properly on surface studio - Similar Threads - Mouse working properly

2. Mouse not working properly..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working properly..: Recently I have been facing an issue that the cursor gets stuck and does not work properly.. I updated the mice and keyboard from device manager and after updating when I click on restart it does not start automatically and I have to hard shut it and start again. Also...
  3. Mouse not working properly..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working properly..: Recently I have been facing an issue that the cursor gets stuck and does not work properly.. I updated the mice and keyboard from device manager and after updating when I click on restart it does not start automatically and I have to hard shut it and start again. Also...
  4. The Movies Lionhead Studios not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Movies Lionhead Studios not working properly: Hi, whenever I try to start The Movies, the app opens for a second, then minimizes. This is not the same as the app not opening at all, this is a different problem....
  5. The Movies Lionhead Studios not working properly

The Movies Lionhead Studios not working properly: Hi, whenever I try to start The Movies, the app opens for a second, then minimizes. This is not the same as the app not opening at all, this is a different problem....
  6. Mouse not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working properly: I have a 128 GB system SSD and a 1TB HDD for my personal data. I have Windows 11 pro My system disk was was getting filled automatically without any movement. So, I do a reset to remove my all programs and reinstall windows.After the reset my mouse both USB and touchpad stop...
  7. Mouse not working properly

Mouse not working properly: I have a 128 GB system SSD and a 1TB HDD for my personal data. I have Windows 11 pro My system disk was was getting filled automatically without any movement. So, I do a reset to remove my all programs and reinstall windows.After the reset my mouse both USB and touchpad stop...
  8. Mouse not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working properly: My wired mouse hasn't been working properly with my windows PC. Whenever I try to scroll downwards, it scrolls upwards or downwards. It's a wired mouse and I've tried to clean it with air, update the driver and change the scroll speed and other solutions online. However, none...
  9. Mouse and keyboard are not working properly

Mouse and keyboard are not working properly: My laptop keyboard and mouse are not working properly. I can use an external keyboard and mouse to solve this problem as trackpad is slow so and keyboard is not working at all on laptop I have tried updating the drivers and the software for both the keyboard and the mouse...
  10. My mouse is not working properly

My mouse is not working properly: I purchased a Microsoft 5050 keyboard with wireless mouse. The keyboard is fine but the mouth gives me issues. It is very lazy in moving the cursor when I move it and often when dormant for a period of time, it wont move at all and needs to be 'coaxed'. I often need to...