Windows 10: Mouse not working since Windows update

Discus and support Mouse not working since Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been running Windows 10 on a (Bootcamp) partition on my iMac for several months. Since Windows updates last week, my Apple wireless mouse has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by janey6, Nov 25, 2017.

1. janey6 Win User

Mouse not working since Windows update

I have been running Windows 10 on a (Bootcamp) partition on my iMac for several months.
    Since Windows updates last week, my Apple wireless mouse has stopped working on the Bootcamp partition, although it still works on the Apple side.
    Any ideas how to resolve this please?

:)

janey6, Nov 25, 2017
  2. sqlguy Win User

Mouse click not working after wake up since windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1

What a great post. The menu navigation is totally wrong. No wonder other things don't work. I just about remember when MS had quality products.

sqlguy, Nov 25, 2017
  3. ss_blake Win User
    Mouse click not working after wake up since windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1

I have the exact same problem!! After the LCD monitor powers down (not even full sleep mode), left click on the wireless mouse does not work. CNTL ALT DELETE then ESC - everything back to normal.

I even reinstalled WIndows 10 (for another reason) and the SAME PROBLEM OCCURED

ss_blake, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Mouse not working since Windows update

It could have possibly been unpaired from the Windows side of things. If you use a wired USB mouse, does Windows detect that?

Make sure you are also running the latest version of Boot Camp: Apple - Support - Downloads

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 25, 2017
  5. janey6 Win User
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, a wired USB mouse works.
    I will check on the version of Bootcamp.

janey6, Nov 26, 2017
  6. Sounds like Windows lost the Bluetooth hand off from Mac. You can try to manually pair the mouse to Windows, otherwise, new Boot Camp drivers may fix it too.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 26, 2017
  7. janey6 Win User
    I have been trying to solve this for several days. Although I don’t use Itunes on my Windows partition, I installed all the Apple updates which were available. It seemed to have solved it but it’s very erratic. Some days the mouse works, others it does not.

janey6, Nov 28, 2017
  8. Mouse not working since Windows update

My belief is that Apple wasn't fully ready for the latest version of Windows on boot camp. I would continue to monitor Apple's support page for newer updates/releases of boot camp.

Are you able to directly pair the mouse to the Windows OS?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 1, 2017
  9. janey6 Win User
    Thanks. I will keep checking the Apple support Page. I haven’t managed to directly pair the Mouse to Windows. When I switch on the iMac and start in the Bootcamp partition, I get nothing - even to log on - without attaching a USB mouse. When I then go into Control Panel, it says the Apple mouse is connected but I can’t use it as the arrow does not appear on the screen.

janey6, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse not working since Windows update

1. Mouse not working since Windows update - Similar Threads - Mouse working since

2. Microphone is not working since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not working since update: My mic is not working on Teams and Skype they can't hear me during videocalls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-since-update/6f2800ff-c1aa-4ace-ae16-c0d0dfcdeb3a
  3. Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Issues Since Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Issues Since Windows Update: Ever since the recent update my bluetooth keyboard and mouse are hopeless! I changed the batteries on the mouse with brand new ones and it's better, but every once in a while (<30 mins) I have to remove and reinsert them to get it to reconnect. (It will still be lit, but...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !

Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !: I used WinzipDriver updater and 3 ago as instructed I updated 3 drivers on my PC, running Windows 10.1. After restarting the PC to complete the update, the screen would boot up seemingly normally, but the Mouse no longer functions. I have checked my WiFi Mouse and even...
  5. Cortana not working since windows update

in Cortana
    Cortana not working since windows update: Hi since running the windows big update this year, cortana refuses to work. she worked prior to the update. I'm in the insider programme and am on 18970.rs. Cortana has no options on the settings screen and I cant seem to find a way to get any. i'm running a hp spectre...
  6. Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update

Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update: Hi, I have a Microsoft Surface (1724 256GB 010833662*** on rear) and a Microsoft Arc Mouse (no visible markings other than Made In China). A few days ago I received notification that OS on the Surface would no longer be supported from November and that I should upgrade....
  7. Skype not working since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype not working since update: I waited a long time to update to the latest Skype for desktops, and now that I have, it's completely broken. It will only occasionally let me log in, and when it does, it will not let me click anything. Behaves almost like a frozen window, except there are still moving...
  8. Mouse Stutter Since Updating

Mouse Stutter Since Updating: I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago on my desktop. After it booted for the first time, everything worked just like before on Windows 8.1. After a bit, it prompted me to restart for updates. After it finished with the updates, I noticed that the mouse started a...
  9. Problems With Mouse Since Last Update

Problems With Mouse Since Last Update: Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm still have problems controlling my cursor. Sometimes I need to keep clicking on the Delete icon to delete an e-mail or I need...
  10. Bluetooth mouse inop since update 14328

Bluetooth mouse inop since update 14328: I re-downloaded Microsoft software for my Sculpt Bluetooth Mouse still cannot get the PC to see the mouse. It doesn't show in Hardware Manager or anywhere else. If I try to download again it says its already in download folder but that doesn't allow computer to see...