Windows 10: Mouse not working when holding down a key

Discus and support Mouse not working when holding down a key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have three mice that all have this same problem, so I think this is a fault on my laptop (this also happens with the touchpad). Whenever I hold down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert E. O.Speedwagon, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Mouse not working when holding down a key

I have three mice that all have this same problem, so I think this is a fault on my laptop (this also happens with the touchpad). Whenever I hold down a key for some reason, laptop will not register any right/left clicks. I've tried restarting, updating the drivers and I'm not sure what to do.

:)

Robert E. O.Speedwagon, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Erika Aro Win User

The f1 key and the f2 key do not work

Thank you for the information. We are a support that provides available resources only that are present to all users. We suggest following the steps on the links provided to troubleshoot your keyboard. We'd like to verify if other function keys are working.

Keep us posted after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Sep 29, 2019
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Mouse not working when holding down a key

Whenever I hold down a key, my mouse pointer locks and I cannot move it.

Hi Oliver,

Some of the possible reason why you're having performance issues with your device is due to corrupted software or driver. We suggest that you update the mouse driver of your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices > right-click
      HID-compliant mouse
    • Go to the Driver tab > click Uninstall >
      OK
    • Restart your device then check if the issue will still occur.
    Keep us informed about the outcome.

Regile Reb, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Mouse not working when holding down a key

1. Mouse not working when holding down a key - Similar Threads - Mouse working holding

2. When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.: I'm on Windows 11 and after quite a bit of research, I can't find much on this topic. The issue only happens when the control key is held down, not the shift or any other key. This happens globally and is not just in one app. Also, I am on the latest drivers for my device....
  3. When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.: I'm on Windows 11 and after quite a bit of research, I can't find much on this topic. The issue only happens when the control key is held down, not the shift or any other key. This happens globally and is not just in one app. Also, I am on the latest drivers for my device....
  4. Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...: Whenever I am using a program or game like, when I play Minecraft, and I hold down the W key to move or any other key, after holding it around 2 seconds, the framerates come to 0 and windows starts to hang but when I leave the key, all comes to normal. An the problem gets...
  5. Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...: Whenever I am using a program or game like, when I play Minecraft, and I hold down the W key to move or any other key, after holding it around 2 seconds, the framerates come to 0 and windows starts to hang but when I leave the key, all comes to normal. An the problem gets...
  6. Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down: For some reason, whenever I type or hold a key down on my laptop, my trackpad isn't usable until I let go of the key. Normally this isn't that big of a deal, but it makes it basically impossible to play games if where the trackpad and keys are both involved. Any idea if...
  7. touchpad doesnt work when i hold a key down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad doesnt work when i hold a key down: my touchpad stops moving if I press any key I cant play any games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-doesnt-work-when-i-hold-a-key-down/7ea444e8-a8bb-4619-9585-db7cb13a5c7a
  8. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  9. Shift key not working when holding down a key

Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...
  10. Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!

Mouse Cursor Freezes When Holding Down A Key!: Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, the mouse cursor freezes and I can't move it unless I let go off the key. I have updated my drivers...