Windows 10: Mouse not working with d drive

Discus and support Mouse not working with d drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Surface book with Windows 10. My Microsoft mouse works ok except when I attach an external hard drive. While the D drive is working the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lex Wilson, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Mouse not working with d drive

I am using a Surface book with Windows 10.

My Microsoft mouse works ok except when I attach an external hard drive. While the D drive is working the mouse will not control the cursor, I have to use the touch pad. When the drive light turns off the mouse works again.

Can this be fixed?

:)

Lex Wilson, Aug 8, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 8, 2020
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Mouse not working with d drive

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Mouse not working with d drive

1. Mouse not working with d drive - Similar Threads - Mouse working drive

2. lost d drive, nothings works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost d drive, nothings works: my d drive is gone, they say to go to disk management and scan to fix it but my d drive isnt there. none of the videos ive watched help since my d drive doesnt show up anywhere. i turned off my computer during a driver update so im pretty sure thats what caused it please help...
  3. lost d drive, nothings works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost d drive, nothings works: my d drive is gone, they say to go to disk management and scan to fix it but my d drive isnt there. none of the videos ive watched help since my d drive doesnt show up anywhere. i turned off my computer during a driver update so im pretty sure thats what caused it please help...
  4. lost d drive, nothings works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  6. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  7. Apps installed on D drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps installed on D drive not working: Hi,I have a 120gb SSD which was not enough space windows 10 is installed here, so I have been using my 1TB HDD for storage and installing programs. I noticed that almost every program that I installed on my hard drive seems to be corrupt and will not open. It does not give an...
  8. drive d

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive d: i tried to move space from drive d to drive c . i followed instructions and went to disk manager , said to delete drive d by right clicking and delete than go to drive c right and rifge ckick abd click extend but extend was grayed out how do i get drive back...
  9. D drive for cd/dvd not working

D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  10. D Drive

D Drive: D Drive missing with last Microsoft Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/45fad700-9b13-4618-9bec-f529c0d8f8ea