Windows 10: Mouse not working

Discus and support Mouse not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i recently got a mouse, xsd gaming mouse 60085. however, the box said it only had support for windows 7, xp, 2000 and vista. When i plug it in it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bhavichauhan, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Mouse not working

i recently got a mouse, xsd gaming mouse 60085. however, the box said it only had support for windows 7, xp, 2000 and vista. When i plug it in it doesnt work and windows 10 says device not recognised. when try to run a troubleshooter it says please plug the device in, but the device is already plugged in as the lights are working. how can i get this mouse to work?

:)

bhavichauhan, Jan 27, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Mouse not working

Designer Mouse Not Working

Hi Henry,

We understand that your Microsoft designer mouse is working on other devices but not on your Windows 10 PC. This can be an issue with an outdated mouse driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you update the device driver. Here's how:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Mouse not working

1. Mouse not working - Similar Threads - Mouse working

2. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  3. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  4. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  5. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  6. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  8. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  9. No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work: Hey I was about to play a new game I installed on my computer from Ubisoft and but it said my graphics driver was out of date I went to update it. I then went back to the game to check it but it was still saying the same thing I went over to device manger to update it...
  10. No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work

No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work: Hey I was about to play a new game I installed on my computer from Ubisoft and but it said my graphics driver was out of date I went to update it. I then went back to the game to check it but it was still saying the same thing I went over to device manger to update it...