Windows 10: Mouse only works on active application

Discus and support Mouse only works on active application in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dual screen setup. Everything was working fine until recently I found a problem with my mouse Logitech G703 wireless. The mouse only works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mohamed Lotfy Hilal, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Mouse only works on active application

I have a dual screen setup. Everything was working fine until recently I found a problem with my mouse Logitech G703 wireless. The mouse only works on the active window or application. If I change the application by alt tabbing or going to the other screen the mouse moves normally but no clicks at all. I can't click any thing neither by left nor right clicks. But when I return to the main application I'm using the mouse works fine. My windows is 10.

:)

Mohamed Lotfy Hilal, Nov 25, 2021

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 25, 2021
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Mouse only works on active application

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Mouse only works on active application

1. Mouse only works on active application - Similar Threads - Mouse works active

2. Mouse only works on one window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse only works on one window: Started happening yesterday out of nowhere, for some reason, the mouse "chooses" a focused window and it will work in only that window specifically, keyboard works fine. I can make it "forget" it's focus for a short period of time by doing something that activates that...
  3. Mouse only works on one window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse only works on one window: Started happening yesterday out of nowhere, for some reason, the mouse "chooses" a focused window and it will work in only that window specifically, keyboard works fine. I can make it "forget" it's focus for a short period of time by doing something that activates that...
  4. Mouse only works on one window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse only works on active application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse only works on active application: I have a dual screen setup. Everything was working fine until recently I found a problem with my mouse Logitech G703 wireless. The mouse only works on the active window or application. If I change the application by alt tabbing or going to the other screen the mouse moves...
  6. Mouse only works on active application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse only works on active application: I have a dual screen setup. Everything was working fine until recently I found a problem with my mouse Logitech G703 wireless. The mouse only works on the active window or application. If I change the application by alt tabbing or going to the other screen the mouse moves...
  7. Microphone stops working with applications only*

Microphone stops working with applications only*: While using Discord and applications that require my microphone, they will initially work. After some time, however, friends may hear a "pop" noise and they will no longer be able to hear my audio output. Through basic troubleshooting, I found that while my microphone is not...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS: So I got an Ocus Rift S yesterday, and I ran into an obscure problem with sensors not being able to be tracked. I looked at multiple sources saying the fix was easy. After trying every single one, nothing ever worked of course, the last one I tried was changing the drivers...
  9. Keyboard and mouse only partially working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse only partially working?: I’m working from home with a company laptop. In order to use my laptop, today I plugged my HDMI cord from monitor 1 into it, as well as my HDMI to USB-C cord from monitor 2 into it. Then, I plugged my USB hub, which has my keyboard, mouse, speakers, and webcam into it....
  10. Windows 10 Mouse not working outside of active/focused application

Windows 10 Mouse not working outside of active/focused application: Hi, Quite often my mouse stops working, being able to click or interact with anything expect the current application that is open. It appears to occur after the mini-scroll appears on screen, despite no mouse button being pressed and not having the mini-scroll action mapped...