Windows 10: mouse operations to open folders or apps on desktop

Discus and support mouse operations to open folders or apps on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the times I have to click my mouse to open a folder or application on the desktop? This is for Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryGreubel, Dec 7, 2019.

1. mouse operations to open folders or apps on desktop

How do I change the times I have to click my mouse to open a folder or application on the desktop? This is for Windows 10

:)

MaryGreubel, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. mouse operations to open folders or apps on desktop :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Dec 7, 2019
  4. mouse operations to open folders or apps on desktop

display contents of folder on hover ?

I used to have an app that let you hover the mouse over a folder and you will see the contents display in a pop up area.. similar to the right click context feature. You could then choose a shortcut from that to open - all without ever opening the folder itself.

I cant for the life of me find that app but i want to use it to help organize my desktop.

Any ideas?

John Phoenix, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

mouse operations to open folders or apps on desktop

1. mouse operations to open folders or apps on desktop - Similar Threads - mouse operations open

2. Folders on desktop won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders on desktop won't open.: I upgraded my PC from Windows 11 home to Pro. Now I am having issues with the folders on the desktop. double click dont work and right click and pressing open dont work.I went to task manager and restarted windows explorer. Didn't fix.In task manager I ended window explorer...
  3. Folders on desktop won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders on desktop won't open.: I upgraded my PC from Windows 11 home to Pro. Now I am having issues with the folders on the desktop. double click dont work and right click and pressing open dont work.I went to task manager and restarted windows explorer. Didn't fix.In task manager I ended window explorer...
  4. clicking desktop folder does not open the folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clicking desktop folder does not open the folder: I have set up a desktop folder with shortcuts to files I use frequently. But when I double-click on this folder, file explorer opens to Quick Access instead of directly to the contents of the folder. How do I fix this? I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042. Thanks....
  5. folders won't open on desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    folders won't open on desktop.: File folders on the desktop won't open. They seem to try to open then go to the taskbar where I can barely see them and cannot open them. The same issue is with file explorer and recycle. They won't open either but again seem to try to open then go to the task bar where I can...
  6. Desktop Folders not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Folders not opening: Folders on my desktop will not open as before. It goes to the File Explorer folder in the task bar in mini version, but can't open full screen as normal. The File Explorer folder will not open....
  7. open a folder on multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    open a folder on multiple desktops: Hello, I am trying to use my various desktops for different tasks, but some base folders I need on all desktops. How can I get windows to allow me to open those on all desktops without suddenly switching desktops on me when I am just trying to open a new folder? I have...
  8. Cannot open an app or folder in the desktop or in the file explorer

Cannot open an app or folder in the desktop or in the file explorer: I need to click a lot of times and not double click in order to open an app or a folder in the desktop or in the file explorer but i can open it via pressing enter or right clicking it and choosing the option open, and i also cannot double click on a window to maximize it, i...
  9. app on desktop will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app on desktop will not open: Several apps on desktop will not open when clicked. I am using win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-on-desktop-will-not-open/89fff10e-bdb9-4f62-bcd0-4a335effffb2
  10. Opening folders goes to desktop

Opening folders goes to desktop: Good day! When I try to open a file, attach a file or click on a shortcut, file explorer brings me to the desktop in my Quick Access list. I then have to navigate to the file I want. For example, I just clicked 'save' on a Word document. I clicked 'browse' and it went to...