Windows 10: Mouse or windows likes click & paste to much

Discus and support Mouse or windows likes click & paste to much in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my windows 10 seems to keep going to the click and paste where the writing will start to turn as if it is getting ready to be copied and means having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertJonesWW, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Mouse or windows likes click & paste to much

my windows 10 seems to keep going to the click and paste where the writing will start to turn as if it is getting ready to be copied and means having to click the mouse 2 or 3 times to stop it or the whole screen moves, not the mouse as I have changed It and moved USB ports and it says drivers are optimum

:)

RobertJonesWW, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Mouse or windows likes click & paste to much

Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

Hi,

We see that you are having issues with the sensitivity of your mouse. Is the Enhance pointer precision in your PC enabled? If not, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Mouse in the Search bar.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad settings.
    • Click on the Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Pointer Options tab.
    • Uncheck the Enhance pointer precision checkbox.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Follow the steps provided below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Mouse or windows likes click & paste to much

1. Mouse or windows likes click & paste to much - Similar Threads - Mouse likes click

2. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  3. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  4. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  5. Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse: Can a touchpad without buttons currently set up with double tap and drag, be changed to longer tap and drag so it is the same as the mouse click lock setting. There does not seem to be a way of programming this in the way the mouse menu allows eg with a separate control for...
  6. Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse: Can a touchpad without buttons currently set up with double tap and drag, be changed to longer tap and drag so it is the same as the mouse click lock setting. There does not seem to be a way of programming this in the way the mouse menu allows eg with a separate control for...
  7. Simple and quick select and middle mouse click to paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Simple and quick select and middle mouse click to paste: Please, please include a Linux-like function for it's superior alternative to copy and paste. This is probably one of the top reasons why I could never revert to Windows. Example: Selecting any text always stores the selection into a second copy buffer. When pressing the...
  8. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse: I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own. Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click....
  9. Right clicking on mouse not working. Also unable to copy and paste

Right clicking on mouse not working. Also unable to copy and paste: Hello, Right clicking on mouse is not working. It does nothing. Cannot copy and paste either. This has happened in the last couple of weeks. All drivers are updated. I have tried many of the suggestions and it still doesn't work. Windows 10 desktop, wired mouse, dell PC...
  10. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...