Windows 10: Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse

Discus and support Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my mouse pad seems to have stopped working for some reason and I have no clue why is that. Every time I try to move the cursor, it won't move unless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KathrynBalancio, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse

So my mouse pad seems to have stopped working for some reason and I have no clue why is that. Every time I try to move the cursor, it won't move unless I connect my mouse to make it move.

:)

KathrynBalancio, Sep 17, 2018

2. Mouse pad turn off windows 10 on a HP laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What happens when you try disabling the mouse pad? Do you receive any error message?

You can also disable your mouse pad by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Mouse driver and click on Disable.
    • A prompt will appear, click yes.
    I would also suggest you update the driver from the device manager.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 17, 2018
  3. mouse pad

I tried what was suggested but it kept going back to the same problem. I realized when I rolled back the driver it was disabling the elan mouse pad and going back to the ps/2 mouse pad . So I uninstalled the elan mouse pad and the problem was solved.

TerrieLucero, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse

mouse pad not working with win10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

• Are you using wired or wireless mouse?
    • Are you getting light below the mouse pad?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing?
    I suggest you to install the hardware drivers from the manufacturer’s website in incompatibility mode and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse

1. Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse - Similar Threads - Mouse pad doesn't

2. Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys: As said in the title, my number pad on the right of my laptop has stopped working properly ever since I reset it.Whenever I turn my laptop on and have to login using my PIN it works just fine, however once I am logged my Numpad just works as arrow keys no matter what I do.The...
  3. Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys: As said in the title, my number pad on the right of my laptop has stopped working properly ever since I reset it.Whenever I turn my laptop on and have to login using my PIN it works just fine, however once I am logged my Numpad just works as arrow keys no matter what I do.The...
  4. not work mouse pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not work mouse pad: not work mouse pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-work-mouse-pad/1817cee6-5597-4f52-92e3-81b0549eaba2
  5. not work mouse pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not work mouse pad: not work mouse pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-work-mouse-pad/1817cee6-5597-4f52-92e3-81b0549eaba2
  6. not work mouse pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. mouse and touch pad is not working after updates

mouse and touch pad is not working after updates: why is my mouse and touchpad not working after upadate windows into my computer.i can't find my mouse and touch pad settings it is not into setting area...
  8. Mouse pad not able to be turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pad not able to be turned off: Hi, I have a laptop which I use to play games on so I use a mouse. I usually turn off the mousepad so my wrist doesn't touch it. I used to be able to press windows+R and type main.cpl to go to the mouse settings tab and from there I would hit turn off the mouse pad when a USB...
  9. Turn off track pad when mouse is present

Turn off track pad when mouse is present: just running the by everyone. I'm configuring a dell inspiration 13 7368, I have been unable to turn off the trackpad. No options seem to be available in either control panel or setting/trackpad or settings/mouse. and no trackpad software. although the trackpad works great. I...
  10. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pad: I have a Toshiba laptop, and my mouse on my computer is not working, what can i do to get it to work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/60e3d4cf-131d-4b43-817f-be08457ccdd9