Windows 10: Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup

Discus and support Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Most of the time, the driver for my mouse pad, which allows me to use multi-touch gesture, doesn't load when I turn on my laptop. Whenever it happens,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DuyNgee, Oct 8, 2020.

1. DuyNgee Win User

Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup

Most of the time, the driver for my mouse pad, which allows me to use multi-touch gesture, doesn't load when I turn on my laptop. Whenever it happens, I have to manually restart my laptop for the driver to kick in. Is there any solution for this problem?

Here's my laptop's specification:

- Model: ThinkPad E460

- Mouse pad driver: ThinkPad UltraNav version 8.216.1616.174

:)

DuyNgee, Oct 8, 2020

2. Mouse pad turn off windows 10 on a HP laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What happens when you try disabling the mouse pad? Do you receive any error message?

You can also disable your mouse pad by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Mouse driver and click on Disable.
    • A prompt will appear, click yes.
    I would also suggest you update the driver from the device manager.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Touch pad Mouse

The mouse driver can be outdated which causes the issue. To resolve this, we need to do several troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you update the mouse driver from the Device Manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup

mouse pad

I tried what was suggested but it kept going back to the same problem. I realized when I rolled back the driver it was disabling the elan mouse pad and going back to the ps/2 mouse pad . So I uninstalled the elan mouse pad and the problem was solved.

TerrieLucero, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup

1. Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup - Similar Threads - Mouse pad driver

2. The following startup drivers are not loaded: dam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The following startup drivers are not loaded: dam.: Hello. In my event log, there is information that a certain DAM driver was not loaded. What is this driver? I have acer nitro 5 with windows 11 installed from the factory. There are no problems or failures in the laptop....
  3. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pad: Hi,I've just got a new laptop and I'm having trouble with my pointer. It does things all on it's own, without me clicking on anything. Also, when I'm typing, I will suddenly be typing in the middle of a previous sentence, it's very frustrating and I can't find how to stop it....
  4. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pad: Hi,I've just got a new laptop and I'm having trouble with my pointer. It does things all on it's own, without me clicking on anything. Also, when I'm typing, I will suddenly be typing in the middle of a previous sentence, it's very frustrating and I can't find how to stop it....
  5. Realtek Driver for touch pad loads randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Driver for touch pad loads randomly: I have a Dell 7573 2 in 1 Latitude and one of the updates started making my touchpad not be able to scroll down on any pages. Normally 2 fingers scrolls down or up on a page. I've concluded that it is the driver for the realtek camera that came with my computer that keeps...
  6. mouse pad

mouse pad: How can I disable my mouse pad on my Asus computer? It drives my crazy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/3158fff2-3cdd-4ff2-9327-d6cbd7d6b5ac
  7. mouse pad

mouse pad: On my laptop, the pas does not move the mouse any more? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/5e96e8a4-1bc7-4f2e-93bd-f913ecd41551
  8. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pad: I have a Toshiba laptop, and my mouse on my computer is not working, what can i do to get it to work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/60e3d4cf-131d-4b43-817f-be08457ccdd9
  9. Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse: So my mouse pad seems to have stopped working for some reason and I have no clue why is that. Every time I try to move the cursor, it won't move unless I connect my mouse to make it move....
  10. mouse pad

mouse pad: How do reverse disabling the mouse pad on an asus touchscreen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-pad/33b07987-2d8c-4743-9b2c-35077e9ac08e