Windows 10: Mouse pad not able to be turned off

Discus and support Mouse pad not able to be turned off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop which I use to play games on so I use a mouse. I usually turn off the mousepad so my wrist doesn't touch it. I used to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelLowit, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Mouse pad not able to be turned off

Hi, I have a laptop which I use to play games on so I use a mouse. I usually turn off the mousepad so my wrist doesn't touch it. I used to be able to press windows+R and type main.cpl to go to the mouse settings tab and from there I would hit turn off the mouse pad when a USB device is plugged in. Now, when I do the same thing and go to that page, there is no option to turn off the mouse pad when I have a USB device is plugged in. How can I fix this?

:)

MichaelLowit, Nov 2, 2019

2. Mouse pad turn off windows 10 on a HP laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What happens when you try disabling the mouse pad? Do you receive any error message?

You can also disable your mouse pad by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Mouse driver and click on Disable.
    • A prompt will appear, click yes.
    I would also suggest you update the driver from the device manager.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 2, 2019
  3. mouse pad Asus two in one

After I downloaded and installed Microsoft 10 I have not been able to turn off my touch pad. I use an external mouse and with the mouse pad on it creates issues when I try to type emails and memos.

My function key works with everything except the function to turn off my touch pad. I have gone to device mgr and nothing. This is really frustrating.

Any suggestions? I

RickMcQueen, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Mouse pad not able to be turned off

mouse pad

I tried what was suggested but it kept going back to the same problem. I realized when I rolled back the driver it was disabling the elan mouse pad and going back to the ps/2 mouse pad . So I uninstalled the elan mouse pad and the problem was solved.

TerrieLucero, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Mouse pad not able to be turned off

1. Mouse pad not able to be turned off - Similar Threads - Mouse pad able

2. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  3. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  4. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not able to turn off bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to turn off bitlocker.: I am using a windows 10 home i have resently updated it. But afer updation I am facing bitlocker issue. I have seen in control panel and also in settings but there is no way to off this. I also don't have the revovery key. I have also tried to solve in cmd and in power shell...
  6. Not able to turn off bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to turn off bitlocker.: I am using a windows 10 home i have resently updated it. But afer updation I am facing bitlocker issue. I have seen in control panel and also in settings but there is no way to off this. I also don't have the revovery key. I have also tried to solve in cmd and in power shell...
  7. How to turn on/off the Touch Pad when an optical mouse is attached

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn on/off the Touch Pad when an optical mouse is attached: I need help in being able to turn off my touch pad when I have an optical mouse attached. When you go the Touch Pad setting there isn't any box to turn it off when an optical or wired mouse is attached. At one time there was a box that you would check, now nothing. This was...
  8. F3 will not turn the touch pad off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F3 will not turn the touch pad off.: Since windows 10 was updated on 8-13-19 the F3 button will not turn the touch pad off on my laptop. How do I correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f3-will-not-turn-the-touch-pad-off/88add288-0a1b-4909-8228-04615bea1448
  9. Turn off track pad when mouse is present

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off track pad when mouse is present: just running the by everyone. I'm configuring a dell inspiration 13 7368, I have been unable to turn off the trackpad. No options seem to be available in either control panel or setting/trackpad or settings/mouse. and no trackpad software. although the trackpad works great. I...
  10. Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse: So my mouse pad seems to have stopped working for some reason and I have no clue why is that. Every time I try to move the cursor, it won't move unless I connect my mouse to make it move....