Windows 10: Mouse partially not working

Discus and support Mouse partially not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So first of all ive tried troubleshooting steps it works on another pc but not on this but it does teleport randomly when moving its a new mouse also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TemmiePlayz, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Mouse partially not working

So first of all ive tried troubleshooting steps it works on another pc but not on this but it does teleport randomly when moving its a new mouse also it works for like 5 seconds on bootup then cuts off idk why and idk why another mouse works on the same usb port

:)

TemmiePlayz, Apr 26, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Mouse partially not working

Designer Mouse Not Working

Hi Henry,

We understand that your Microsoft designer mouse is working on other devices but not on your Windows 10 PC. This can be an issue with an outdated mouse driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you update the device driver. Here's how:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Mouse partially not working

1. Mouse partially not working - Similar Threads - Mouse partially working

2. WD SSD blue not working partially

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD SSD blue not working partially: I have wd sata ssd wired externally into a working pc. However I am unable to format the hard disk partially. The SSD is having 2 partitions F & G. I can open G but not F. Also it's not detected in diskpart, disk management or any partition managers like easus or aomei etc....
  3. Windows search partially working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows search partially working: I've got an interesting situation, I have a windows server with multiple drives and multiple file shares, about once a week windows search stops working on just one drive (C:) searching anything on that drive returns white unclickable icons and wrong metadata (like file...
  4. Drag and Drop partially stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and Drop partially stops working: This has been going on for a little while now and I can't seem to figure it out, but my drag and drop appears to stop working, but only in certain ways, and requires reboot to fix. The computer works normally when freshly started At some point with no noticeable trigger,...
  5. Microsoft Arc Mouse Bluetooth works partially in Windows 2020 H2 not working right click...

Microsoft Arc Mouse Bluetooth works partially in Windows 2020 H2 not working right click...: Hi Everybody, I bought a new Asus 2021 laptop, my old Arc Mouse bought in 2019 is working as a simple mouse with single left click. I already tried to install downloaded latest driver from Microsoft for Mice and Keyboards, but I loss right click and touch multifinger...
  6. Mic receiver partially works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic receiver partially works: My child have a test today on my PC and it's utilizing Chrome programs with some extention from the test site and the beginning it requested microphone and I permitted the pop up however during the test the mic not getting any voice except for When I am utilizing recorder...
  7. Audio working partially

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio working partially: I had windows 1909 and i used tool to update my PC to 2004. Post that i had cracking sound and then after reboot everything stopped. I have no sound now, tried plenty of solutions but no avail. Kindly help...
  8. Keyboard and mouse only partially working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse only partially working?: I’m working from home with a company laptop. In order to use my laptop, today I plugged my HDMI cord from monitor 1 into it, as well as my HDMI to USB-C cord from monitor 2 into it. Then, I plugged my USB hub, which has my keyboard, mouse, speakers, and webcam into it....
  9. Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up

Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up: Hi all. bit of an odd one here, that's really annoying me. our work putters are Surface Pros using Win 10. Since we've been homeworking, I have basically the same set-up as at work; I have a separate keyboard [my Logi K120 as opposed to work's HP one] plugged into the dock...
  10. Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...: Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but nowhere else & I have dual monitors with updated nvidea drivers. When I try to click on another screen, I can't. I then click control, alt, delete for task manager & it pops up and I click...