Windows 10: Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?

Discus and support Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'd imagine this gets asked a lot, but I don't know the term or how describe it easily, so searching has been tough. However, I have Win 10 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MMassier, Jul 22, 2018.

1. MMassier Win User

Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?

Hi,

I'd imagine this gets asked a lot, but I don't know the term or how describe it easily, so searching has been tough.

However, I have Win 10 with a wacom and have this issue when I am doing precise moving with either mouse or pen, sometimes near the edge or bottom of the screen, but I think it can happen anywhere and to it pulls me out of the application to show me all the windows on each desktop. It happens in photoshop, games, excel, it's super annoying.

How do I turn this off, can I turn this off? Is there a way to avoid it at all?

Here's what it's doing (Apologies I had to distort the windows as there are some work sensitive stuff on it.)

Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart? [​IMG]

Thank you for any help!

:)

MMassier, Jul 22, 2018

2. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Distorted Mouse Hover in Windows 10

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we'd like to get the following information:

• Is the issue happening on all the browser you're trying to access?
    • Have you tried hovering your mouse on any desktop icon and check if you'll be having the same problem?
    • Is the issue only happening if you'll just hover your mouse on icons?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?

mouse hovering

how do i disable mouse hovering

ardismiller, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?

1. Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart? - Similar Threads - Mouse Pen hovering

2. Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet: Hey guys! I recently saved a pre-Win10 non-Wacom drawing tablet from being thrown away and would like to use it on my non-touch notebook. Features and accuracy seem great to at least get started with digital drawing. The only issue I have, which makes is absolutely unusable...
  3. Turn off mouse hover

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off mouse hover: The mouse hover feature is the absolute worst feature I have ever seen. Windows open and close on their own and one time it even deleted a folder of important files. I have a recent version of Windows 10 Home edition. In an old Microsoft community post it showed how to do...
  4. Mouse hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hovering: My mouse When ever you hover on something it clicks it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hovering/38e55570-af4d-4510-b493-35abf665f1a6
  5. Color Changes to mouse hover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Changes to mouse hover: I am running Win 10 Tech Evaluation and Win 7 in dual boot. That's fine. But when it comes to personalizing win 10, the background colour of the hovering mouse is black, so when it's hovered over black text, the text is obliterated. How can I change the hovering mouse...
  6. Mouse hover inconsistent

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hover inconsistent: This is not new for me, but I'm curious if anyone else notices. Frequently, when I hover over a file or folder, nothing happens. No popup. It's annoying. There is no pattern...completely random. I suspect there is not fix, but maybe?? 86487
  7. Activate window on mouse hover

in Windows 10 Support
    Activate window on mouse hover: Hi guys, I'm having the same issue and Option 3 in that tutorial is not working for me. Should I start a new thread? Mouse Hover Makes Window Active - Enable - Windows 7 Help Forums My situation: in Win7, I had the option checked to 'Activate window on mouse hover' and...
  8. Autofocus window on mouse hover?

in Windows 10 Support
    Autofocus window on mouse hover?: Hi, in Windows 10 is there any way to focus a window if I hover my mouse cursor over it for half a second (or thereabout)? This is what I had enabled on Windows 8.1 and I preferred that setup. 47361
  9. desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor: I got the Anniversary Update a month or two back. And ever since I have this problem on desktop icons. The mouse hover selection is shifted away from cursor, in a way that the next icon is selected, not the one under cursor. 9bwq07tNFyc When I click, the icon with the...
  10. Hovering mouse shows a window

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering mouse shows a window: New user here. I got a few problems regarding from my laptop. Apparently, I upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10 and when I hover my cursor to the topmost right portion of the screen, a window pop up in a second. [img] This popup distracts me when I work, and I'll be...