Windows 10: Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

Discus and support Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good Morning! I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sschra1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

Good Morning!

I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working correctly. The cursor still moves fine but the left mouse click stops working. Both users can resolve this problem by right clicking which opens up the context menu and that also seems to restore the left mouse click functionality. Anyone ever heard of this issue? Windows 10. Both wireless mice.

I already tried updating drivers via Device Manager and moving mouse dongle to new USB port. Thanks in advance for any help!

submitted by /u/sschra1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sschra1, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Issues with Right and Left Mouse Click

Hello..

I have an issue with a recently upgraded Windows 10 machine from a Windows 8 environment. Since the upgrade, my mouses "left click" function will cease working after a 24-36 hour period. The only fix is a reboot of the system. Upon
    reboot, the mouse operates as expected. The issue is mostly with "left click", but does happen with the "right click" as well.

I have tried:

• Using a different wireless mouse.
    • Using a wired mouse
    • Checking drivers.
    • Changing USB ports.
    The issue seems to be rooted in Windows 10. Any thoughts on the issues is appreciate.

Jonathon FIshman

Ben_s Ranch, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Mouse unresponsive to left and right click

Mouse left and right click buttons unresponsive for periods of time seemly at random.

• Mouse tried: wired, wireless, wireless, Bluetooth, surface typecover cover touchpad and all possible combinations at the same time. Left and right click will be locked for periods of time. Persists through restarts. Persists through unplugging/replugging all mouse type device.
    • Mouse scrolling and cursor movement is not affects (just right and left click does not work). Keyboard works. Touchscreen works.
    • Sometimes mouse click works on taskbar, but not on any foreground applications.
    • The only fix known so far is by starting an application called X-Mouse Button Control. It is able to "unlock" my mouse buttons. Before finding this solution, I needed to restart multiple times.

jackluo923, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

1. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix) - Similar Threads - Mouse periodically stops

2. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  3. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  4. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  5. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  7. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  8. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

Left and Right click on mouse pad not working: Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware...
  10. left mouse click not working

left mouse click not working: Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support. my problem is i have lost the left click on my mouse. i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality. if i return to left click...