Windows 10: Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

Discus and support Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good Morning! I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sschra1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

Good Morning!

I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working correctly. The cursor still moves fine but the left mouse click stops working. Both users can resolve this problem by right clicking which opens up the context menu and that also seems to restore the left mouse click functionality. Anyone ever heard of this issue? Windows 10. Both wireless mice.

I already tried updating drivers via Device Manager and moving mouse dongle to new USB port. Thanks in advance for any help!

submitted by /u/sschra1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sschra1, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Issues with Right and Left Mouse Click

Hello..

I have an issue with a recently upgraded Windows 10 machine from a Windows 8 environment. Since the upgrade, my mouses "left click" function will cease working after a 24-36 hour period. The only fix is a reboot of the system. Upon
    reboot, the mouse operates as expected. The issue is mostly with "left click", but does happen with the "right click" as well.

I have tried:

• Using a different wireless mouse.
    • Using a wired mouse
    • Checking drivers.
    • Changing USB ports.
    The issue seems to be rooted in Windows 10. Any thoughts on the issues is appreciate.

Jonathon FIshman

Ben_s Ranch, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Mouse unresponsive to left and right click

Mouse left and right click buttons unresponsive for periods of time seemly at random.

• Mouse tried: wired, wireless, wireless, Bluetooth, surface typecover cover touchpad and all possible combinations at the same time. Left and right click will be locked for periods of time. Persists through restarts. Persists through unplugging/replugging all mouse type device.
    • Mouse scrolling and cursor movement is not affects (just right and left click does not work). Keyboard works. Touchscreen works.
    • Sometimes mouse click works on taskbar, but not on any foreground applications.
    • The only fix known so far is by starting an application called X-Mouse Button Control. It is able to "unlock" my mouse buttons. Before finding this solution, I needed to restart multiple times.

jackluo923, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

1. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix) - Similar Threads - Mouse periodically stops

2. Mouse left click acting like a right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  3. Left mouse click works intermittently

Left mouse click works intermittently: Hi All, I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue. I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my desktop. It solved the issue...until i unplugged the mouse to use it on my laptop (also W10). When i plugged it back to my...
  4. Mouse Left Click doesn't work

Mouse Left Click doesn't work: I am on a Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The left click on the mouse is not working when click on window pane buttons or when selecting items in start menu, or when pressing options like task manager after pressing ctrl-alt-delete. The weird thing is the...
  5. Mouse will not stay on left click

Mouse will not stay on left click: Ever since my windows 10 was updated, I cannot use my left mouse. No matter how many times I switch it back, it defaults back to right click mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-will-not-stay-on-left-click/538a4a2a-af8c-4325-9123-00417860cd63
  6. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...
  7. left mouse click not working

left mouse click not working: Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support. my problem is i have lost the left click on my mouse. i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality. if i return to left click...
  8. Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad): Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window,...
  9. left click on mouse

left click on mouse: since I bought my new Dell windows 10 desktop I have been having trouble with my mouse. its very touchy and I have to play around with it to find a spot that will allow the left click. I heard there is a way to fix this. any help would be appreciated...tyvm *Rolleyes 87250
  10. Left Mouse Click Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Mouse Click Options: How do I delete "wrong" left click options in the drop down menu 26090