Windows 10: Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop

Discus and support Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My mouse and cursor will not sync on my Dell laptop making the computer impossible to use efficiently! The touchpad works, but the pointer goes all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rebecca4cu, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop

My mouse and cursor will not sync on my Dell laptop making the computer impossible to use efficiently! The touchpad works, but the pointer goes all over the place and does not sync with the cursor! Computer is running very slow, especially WORD!

:)

Rebecca4cu, Nov 29, 2018

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer/Cursor Problems, I need your help!!!

Sir, I have pointer/cursor problem. After I closed lid of my laptop, mouse pointer/cursor is always moving to center, do you have any setting to preventing it?

Victor Chor, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop

The combination of DX11, Mouse Pointer Trails and Fullscreen Games means no mouse cursor.

Hi,

For Mouse Pointer Trails, refer the steps below.

Step 1: Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, enter
    mouse in the blank box and tap Mouse in the search results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Choose Pointer Options, select
    Display pointer trails
    and hit OK.

Tip: To specify the length of pointer trails, you can move the
    small scale in Visibility to left or right.

Also for the mouse issue, I suggest you to download the latest drivers for mouse from the manufacturer's website and check. Install the drivers in compatible mode and check as well.

I suggest you to run the game in Direct X12 as this is the latest in Windows 10. Check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop

1. Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer cursor

2. mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]: Dear Microsoft ColleaguesI am facing very frustrating problem with mouse on windows 10 Pro 64. It is moving automatically horizontally left or right randomly.I tried with USB cable mouse and it was the same. Not solved. On Device manager, I tried to uninstall mouse driver and...
  3. mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]: Dear Microsoft ColleaguesI am facing very frustrating problem with mouse on windows 10 Pro 64. It is moving automatically horizontally left or right randomly.I tried with USB cable mouse and it was the same. Not solved. On Device manager, I tried to uninstall mouse driver and...
  4. mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop not responding to mouse pointer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not responding to mouse pointer.: I use an Asus VivoBook S, and it has been having some problems with it lately. It suddenly stops responding to the mouse pointer if I click anywhere after a little while of use. I can still scroll with the touchpad, but if I click it doesn't respond to anything even though...
  6. Revert to plain mouse pointer and cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Revert to plain mouse pointer and cursor: I changed the mouse pointer and cursor size and color and I hate it. I want my regular mouse pointer and cursor back. Particularly, I don't want that stupid little hand to appear when I hover over a link. How do I revert it back to the regular mouse pointer?...
  7. Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor: Hi How to get mouse pointer or pen cursor appear in my screenshots and video recordings on my Surface Pro 4, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-and-pen-cursor/722f4637-5bbf-47f5-bf45-332ae69ecdfd
  8. mouse pointer and cursor interfere while typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse pointer and cursor interfere while typing: My laptop mouse pointer and cursor interfere while typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-and-cursor-interfere-while-typing/9130ad0e-5aba-4104-ac5e-0a273b7efce6
  9. Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!: There are many, many threads about this issue, all of which give the wrong answers. The problem is that on Asus x401u and probably many other similar makes and models, the touchpad works properly when the laptop is running on battery power alone, but jumps wildly when plugged...
  10. cursor/pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor/pointer: I just got my laptop today, and it was working fine but I left it to charge, then when I came to open it my pointer was gone. It's a windows 10 HP Laptop. My pointer only works when I plug in a mouse of my own. It's kind of a lot of work to be plugging the mouse in every time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse not in sync with screen cursor