Windows 10: Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm repurposing a Windows 10 PC from an old user to a new user. The old user's profile was deleted, and a new one was created for the new user. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dlg7150, Oct 27, 2021.

1. dlg7150 Win User

Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

I'm repurposing a Windows 10 PC from an old user to a new user. The old user's profile was deleted, and a new one was created for the new user. I don't know what the old user did, but when hovering the mouse pointer over a link, it becomes a large finger pointing hand. I expect it to become a hand due to the settings, but I don't expect it to become big.I've looked through the mouse settings, pointer options, and ease of access settings. I can change what the pointer becomes when hovering, but I cannot find a setting that stops it from becoming big.Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

:)

dlg7150, Oct 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pointer Hovering

Thanks for the feedback, Mike. To turn off the pointer or mouse hovering on your laptop, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type in Mouse.
    • Click Mouse and Touchpad settings in the search result.
    • Turn off the Mouse Hover Switch.

You may also look for Tap to Click and have it turned off. Here's how:

• In Cortana search, type in Mouse.
    • Click Mouse and Touchpad settings in the search result.
    • Click Additional Mouse Options and select the Thinkpad tab.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under the General tab, uncheck Tap to Click option.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Pointer Hovering

Thank you for the update, Mike. Let's look into the additional mouse options this time. Please navigate to
    Settings > Devices > Mouse > Additional mouse options. Click the
    Pointer tab and make sure the Scheme is set to Windows Default (system scheme), and under
    Customize, Normal Select is selected. Verify also the settings under the
    Pointer Option tab.

If everything is set to default and the pointer still hovering, then I suggest that you submit this issue in our Feedback Hub. Check out the link

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    for the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

mouse pointer hover windows 10

how do i turn off selection by hovering the mouse pointer?

GeorgeChandler, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

1. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer becomes

2. Windows 10 becomes nonresponsive but mouse pointer still works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 becomes nonresponsive but mouse pointer still works: I’m seeing a weird Windows 10 behavior on a colleague’s computer. Every 20 minutes or so, the computer becomes nonresponsive - all onscreen buttons stop working, text cannot be selected in an application like Word nor can menus be accessed, icons on the desktop cannot be...
  3. Windows 10 becomes nonresponsive but mouse pointer still works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 becomes nonresponsive but mouse pointer still works: I’m seeing a weird Windows 10 behavior on a colleague’s computer. Every 20 minutes or so, the computer becomes nonresponsive - all onscreen buttons stop working, text cannot be selected in an application like Word nor can menus be accessed, icons on the desktop cannot be...
  4. Windows 10 becomes nonresponsive but mouse pointer still works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Large mouse pointer hides tooltips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large mouse pointer hides tooltips: I have a 27 inch 1920*1080 monitor and I'm using a mouse pointer size 3 as I find this makes the mouse pointer easier to find.However in many online apps the mouse pointer the HAND overlays a tooltip so I cant see what the tooltip says.It also overlays parts of drop down...
  6. Large mouse pointer hides tooltips

Large mouse pointer hides tooltips: I have a 27 inch 1920*1080 monitor and I'm using a mouse pointer size 3 as I find this makes the mouse pointer easier to find.However in many online apps the mouse pointer the HAND overlays a tooltip so I cant see what the tooltip says.It also overlays parts of drop down...
  7. Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text: I have a large mouse pointer, but it covers the first words of mouse-over and hover text. How can I move that text down or over to the right a bit? And why doesn't Windows take care of this for me?...
  8. Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text: I have a large mouse pointer, but it covers the first words of mouse-over and hover text. How can I move that text down or over to the right a bit? And why doesn't Windows take care of this for me?...
  9. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC: I'm repurposing a Windows 10 PC from an old user to a new user. The old user's profile was deleted, and a new one was created for the new user. I don't know what the old user did, but when hovering the mouse pointer over a link, it becomes a large finger pointing hand. I...
  10. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC: I'm repurposing a Windows 10 PC from an old user to a new user. The old user's profile was deleted, and a new one was created for the new user. I don't know what the old user did, but when hovering the mouse pointer over a link, it becomes a large finger pointing hand. I...