Windows 10: Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

Discus and support Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by steverulison, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any ideas?

:)

steverulison, Oct 5, 2018

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Oct 8, 2018
  3. no mouse pointer on my desktop

Hi Jack,

One of the factors why you're mouse pointer has disappeared is due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you pertaining to the cursor not being visible?
    • How were you able to go to the Device Manager?
    • Have you tried to customize pointer in Mouse settings?

Regile Reb, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

The combination of DX11, Mouse Pointer Trails and Fullscreen Games means no mouse cursor.

Hi,

For Mouse Pointer Trails, refer the steps below.

Step 1: Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, enter
    mouse in the blank box and tap Mouse in the search results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Choose Pointer Options, select
    Display pointer trails
    and hit OK.

Tip: To specify the length of pointer trails, you can move the
    small scale in Visibility to left or right.

Also for the mouse issue, I suggest you to download the latest drivers for mouse from the manufacturer's website and check. Install the drivers in compatible mode and check as well.

I suggest you to run the game in Direct X12 as this is the latest in Windows 10. Check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

1. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer bouncing

2. Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text: I have a large mouse pointer, but it covers the first words of mouse-over and hover text. How can I move that text down or over to the right a bit? And why doesn't Windows take care of this for me?...
  3. Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text: I have a large mouse pointer, but it covers the first words of mouse-over and hover text. How can I move that text down or over to the right a bit? And why doesn't Windows take care of this for me?...
  4. Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mouse is not working all of sudden, and mouse pointer is disappearing. The mouse is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse is not working all of sudden, and mouse pointer is disappearing. The mouse is...: My mouse is not working. It is properly working on all other computers. It is not working only on my computer. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-is-not-working-all-of-sudden-and-mouse/512750c7-f09d-47ff-bced-bf2873e1447f
  6. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  7. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  8. "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over."

"Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over.": My HP all in one is just over a month old, and it began to have some weird "takeovers" of the mouse pointer coupled with dime size "orbs", that float around, usually on the right side of my screen. I ran every diagnostic that I could find, virus scans, you name it. Right now...
  9. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop: My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any...
  10. Black desktop with mouse pointer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black desktop with mouse pointer.: I am using windows 10 Pro Insider preview for about 7 months now with no issues. Two days ago I tried installing Power Archiver (downloaded from official site) and before program was even done installing I had a black screen. On reboot I still had the black screen but with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pointer bouncing

2. mouse bouncing all over in windows 10

3. pointer is bouncing

4. mouse cursor bouncing all over,
  5. mouse cursor scatters all over the monitor during sign-in,
  6. my pointer is all over the desktop