Windows 10: Mouse pointer changes to a circle with a centre dot and up/down arrows in it

Discus and support Mouse pointer changes to a circle with a centre dot and up/down arrows in it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - I pasting in a question asked before - clearly I'm not the only person experiencing this problem. It's driving me mad! It opens multiple pages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jo_Py, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Jo_Py Win User

Mouse pointer changes to a circle with a centre dot and up/down arrows in it

Hi - I pasting in a question asked before - clearly I'm not the only person experiencing this problem. It's driving me mad! It opens multiple pages when I'm online and makes pages go up and down automatically. Here's the original question posted:

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

When I have opened a program like Edge on my Windows 10 PC, the cursor changes form from an arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down. This new symbol can not activate anything by moving it around with the mouse. To close the open program, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the job list. At the same time, the circle symbol turns into the well-known arrow, and I can continue the work normally.
    How do I avoid the annoying circle icon?

:)

Jo_Py, Oct 5, 2020

2. Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I do a lot of screen capture recordings and I can't have my mouse arrow popping up a blue circle every 4 to 5 seconds. I'm not sure exactly when this started for me, but now that I'm ready to do some more recording
    I'm noticing it constantly.

Here's a solution I've found to at least stop the blue circle:

• Start with the Microsoft suggestion of going to the mouse properties.
    • Click on the "Pointers" tab.
    • Select the "Working In Background" pointer and click on "Browse"
    • Select the first mouse arrow option (the one that looks like a normal mouse arrow)
    This doesn't get rid of whatever is causing the system to have to keep working in the background, but it will at least make the blue circle stop popping up.

J Buchmann, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

I did a quick video on this fix.

J Buchmann, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Mouse pointer changes to a circle with a centre dot and up/down arrows in it

Change Pointer Color

Hello pmw0813

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Change them in PC settings.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3: Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Method 2

Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Method 3

Change size and color of Mouse Pointer in Control Panel.

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Enter Ease of Access.

Step 3: Tap Change how your mouse works.

Step 4: Choose new mouse pointer in the options provided, and tap OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Mouse pointer changes to a circle with a centre dot and up/down arrows in it

1. Mouse pointer changes to a circle with a centre dot and up/down arrows in it - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer changes

2. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  3. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  4. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse pointer changed to dot between vertical arrowheads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer changed to dot between vertical arrowheads: I am now getting a mouse pointer that is a dot between two vertical arrow heads and the screen scrolling madly. It is not funny. Please help me fix it. I have had no alcohol today yet....
  6. Mouse pointer changed to dot between vertical arrowheads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer changed to dot between vertical arrowheads: I am now getting a mouse pointer that is a dot between two vertical arrow heads and the screen scrolling madly. It is not funny. Please help me fix it. I have had no alcohol today yet....
  7. Red Dot with circle arrows in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Red Dot with circle arrows in Quick Access: I have a unusual Red Dot with two circle arrows in my Quick Access, lower right corner of screen. The warning says: "Your version of Windows 10 has reached its end of service. Click here to download newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported." I'm running Windows Insider...
  8. Flashing circle above mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flashing circle above mouse pointer: I downloaded the latest version of windows 10 3 days ago and my mouse icon has a flashing circle above it all the time the laptop also seems to be much noisier than it was before the download. Windows support tried to help they reloaded windows which hasnt made any...
  9. Cursor changes from arrow to circle with two triangles and dot in middle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor changes from arrow to circle with two triangles and dot in middle: When I try to scroll with my mouse the cursor frequently changes from an arrow to a circle with two triangles and I lose control of my ability to scroll. As per the advice of someone I went into the Mouse settings and clicked on "Use Default" but that has not solved the...
  10. constant circle around mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    constant circle around mouse pointer: I've tried different mice, changing the mouse settings, uninstalling & reinstalling graphics & tried different settings to no avail. Even when the pointer disappears while watching video, the circle remains. Annoying. (if you've got a solution...I'll email you with a beer as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arrows with up and down mouse

2. circle with arrow cursor google slides

3. how do I turn off the spinning blue circle on my mouse

4. how to turn onphone with the down arrow on,
  5. mouse pointer keeps changing to scroll arrow windows 10