Windows 10: mouse pointer changing to wait state and can not run the application pinned at the task bar.

Discus and support mouse pointer changing to wait state and can not run the application pinned at the task bar. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just have 5 days to be upgraded to windows 11, there are good new features , others are a waste of time rewiring the head to start learning were they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by oscarhernandezPN, Jan 8, 2022.

1. mouse pointer changing to wait state and can not run the application pinned at the task bar.

I just have 5 days to be upgraded to windows 11, there are good new features , others are a waste of time rewiring the head to start learning were they putting now. but i have a real problem impacting in a wrong way my experience. There is an area at the bottom left of my screen where the mouse pointer change its status to "wait" and in this status i can not run any application that i try to run on this area, can not use the send button from outlook when you are replaying or forwarding by example, you are not enable to execute anything under this area.

:)

oscarhernandezPN, Jan 8, 2022

2. Mouse pointer changes to arrow with a vertical scroll bar

The only change I had made was to install Open Office. I just uninstalled it and the issue remains after a restart.

The pointer looks like the 5th and 6th pointers in the pointer list from the Mouse Settings.

As for running trouble shooting:

My settings window does not have drop down list in the upper right.

I do not find anything labeled Troubleshooting in the Settings window so can not get to steps 4 & 5.

RichardGlass1, Jan 8, 2022
  3. Mouse pointer changes to arrow with a vertical scroll bar

Hi Richard,

The mouse pointer issue you're experiencing might be due to a variety of reasons. One of which is due to recent changes made on your PC.

That being said, what were the recent changes made before this started to happen? What is the exact image of the mouse pointer you're seeing? Is it the same mouse pointer when trying to adjust a window size downward or upward?

In the meantime, let's run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with your devices and hardware.

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop-down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 8, 2022
  4. mouse pointer changing to wait state and can not run the application pinned at the task bar.

Mouse pointer constantly has a wait circle.

Hello Denise,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue we need some information. Let us know the following.

• Which Office application do you face this issue with?

• Do you have the issue with all Office application or one or two?

Try opening one of your Office 2013 applications in the Safe Mode to check if an Add-In in the Office applications causes the issue.

Open Excel 2013 in the Safe Mode and check if you still have the mouse pointer flashing issue.

Follow the steps as suggested in the following Microsoft Article to open Excel 2013 applications in the Safe Mode:

I get a "stopped working" error when I start Office applications on my PC

Note: The above article lists steps for all Microsoft Office 2013 application/s, however, follow the steps to open the applications/programs in the Safe Mode for which you are experiencing the issue – in your case Excel 2013.
    You may also follow the same steps to open other Office 2013 applications in Safe Mode.

Once Excel have been opened in the Safe Mode, check if the mouse pointer still flashes or stops flashing.

Hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

mouse pointer changing to wait state and can not run the application pinned at the task bar.

1. mouse pointer changing to wait state and can not run the application pinned at the task bar. - Similar Threads - mouse pointer changing

2. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application and task bar: At first i found apps i didnt install after i switched on my PC and i restarted it after restarting my task bar was not showing anything, the time,start button and application and some of the appliacation i have i do not have access to them anymore like the setting, mircosoft...
  3. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application and task bar: At first i found apps i didnt install after i switched on my PC and i restarted it after restarting my task bar was not showing anything, the time,start button and application and some of the appliacation i have i do not have access to them anymore like the setting, mircosoft...
  4. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items: I know this question has been asked about general task bar pinned item name changes, however I was hoping that someone would be able to advise how I change the information that is remembered and pinned.IE if i right click the RDP icon, it produces a list of recently accessed...
  6. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items: I know this question has been asked about general task bar pinned item name changes, however I was hoping that someone would be able to advise how I change the information that is remembered and pinned.IE if i right click the RDP icon, it produces a list of recently accessed...
  7. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. mouse pointer changing to wait state and can not run the application pinned at the task bar.

mouse pointer changing to wait state and can not run the application pinned at the task bar.: I just have 5 days to be upgraded to windows 11, there are good new features , others are a waste of time rewiring the head to start learning were they putting now. but i have a real problem impacting in a wrong way my experience. There is an area at the bottom left of my...
  9. Mouse will not bring task bar up in certain applications

Mouse will not bring task bar up in certain applications: I have my taskbar set to auto-hide. It works fine until I try to use 2 certain programs, Corel Paint Shop Pro and Affinity Photo. Then the mouse is useless. I have to press the Windows button to bring up the start, and the task bar with it. This problem has happened on 2...
  10. Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar

Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar: Hi With the help of a community member I have just solved a problem that had brought my laptop to the state of unusable and close to the re-installation of Win 10 - see entry "file permissions" for details. One consequence of this problem and the execution of the...