Windows 10: Mouse pointer continuously flickering

Discus and support Mouse pointer continuously flickering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The mouse cursor keeps flickering continuously, making it difficult to click or use the touchpad. Surprisingly the problem disappears momentarily and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ayush KumarDwivedi, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Mouse pointer continuously flickering

The mouse cursor keeps flickering continuously, making it difficult to click or use the touchpad. Surprisingly the problem disappears momentarily and appears again after any key press on the keyboard.

I have already tried the following but couldn't resolve:

1. Fresh installation of Windows 10.

2. uninstalling and installing the synaptic touchpad driver.

3. Rolling back the Synaptic touchpad driver to an older version.

4. sfc/scannow - No errors

Using Windows 10 (x64) on HP 15-n011TU Pavilion Notebook.

:)

Ayush KumarDwivedi, Nov 6, 2018
  2. NVFOX Win User

Flickering mouse pointer.

I have a brand new ASUS Vivo PC, with I7, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Intel Graphics. Installation of Windows 10- was no plem, and so was the installation of other programs/apps. The PC came with a USB mouse (generic but with ASUS branding).

I noticed that the mouse pointer was flickering so every 4 seconds, showing the "background busy" cursor for less than a second. all other cursors within a group would not do this. To narrow where this flickering is coming from, I connected the mouse to
    another PC: no flickering at all. Conclusion: it cannot be the hardware of the mouse. The next step was to select another pointer from the windows\cursor folder. Still the flickering was going on. That confirmed my conclusion. I tried other pointers, which
    I downloaded, still flickering.

I also connected a Logitech wireless mouse, a MS wireless mouse, with the same result: still flickering. Again this proves, it is not the mouse hardware. I use now my Logitech wireless mouse.

Here is another observation: At a startup/restart, the pointer (any size) would be quit for at least 4 minutes and then start flickering. During this time, no program/app was started. It just starts this flickering. From this I concluded that it appears
    not to be a hardware problem but a software problem. Where exactly, is here the big question. It probably would not help to start in safe mode, because it will not solve the issue even when the flickering does not occur. Under a start/restart (cold/warm start)
    the flickering would reoccur.

I researched the net, but could only very specific circumstances under which the flickering would occur. There was no solution for this case. Even ASUS Support, with whom I am in contact, do not have an answer so far.

There is one thing that bothers me: the basic drivers from Microsoft are from 2006: mouclass.sys, and mouhid.sys. Is this normal?

I appreciate any help to overcome this very annoying behavior.

NVFOX, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Flickering Mouse pointer in Asus X550LA

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our Windows 10 Creators Update.

To address the flickering, we suggest that you rollback the driver of your mouse, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on RollBack driver.

Hope this information was helpful.

Melliza Son, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Mouse pointer continuously flickering

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Mouse pointer continuously flickering

1. Mouse pointer continuously flickering - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer continuously

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. mouse pointer keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse pointer keeps flickering: hi. just upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop. my mouse pointer has been fine in windows 10 and the busy blue circle fine too. since moving to 11. my laptop is idle nothing going on. yet the white mouse pointer keeps flickering and the blue circle with it. can someone tell me...
  4. mouse pointer keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse pointer keeps flickering: hi. just upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop. my mouse pointer has been fine in windows 10 and the busy blue circle fine too. since moving to 11. my laptop is idle nothing going on. yet the white mouse pointer keeps flickering and the blue circle with it. can someone tell me...
  5. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer: My mouse pointer is ok with all apps except one "poker stars". When I click on a poker stars table, the mouse pointer becomes extremely tiny.I tried everything in windows 10 home edition adjusted mouse size and color, size stays same except for poker stars.I contacted...
  6. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how to fix mouse pointer from flickering and now i have 2 pointers one is stationary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/6b82e164-fb1e-4a42-93f7-73f039ef15f2
  7. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  8. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  9. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  10. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flickering cursor arrow

2. flickering mouse

3. pointer running continuously

4. mouse continuous flickering,
  5. keep getting flickering mouse ,
  6. fix flickering mouse pointers,
  7. mouse flickering,
  8. mouse pointer keeps flickering,
  9. mouse pointer continually flickers,
  10. cursor flickering and arrow elsewhere on screen windows,
  11. logitech mouse flickering and disappears after use,