Windows 10: Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue

Discus and support Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am working with a Dell laptop that I have connected to my BenQ 4k UHD display via a USB-C connection. I was adjusting settings when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TBoyBlu, Apr 24, 2019.

1. TBoyBlu Win User

Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue

Hello,

I am working with a Dell laptop that I have connected to my BenQ 4k UHD display via a USB-C connection. I was adjusting settings when I noticed that my mouse pointer (a.k.a. cursor) disappeared from both the laptop screen and my BenQ monitor. After trying all sorts of crazy suggestions, I found that turning off the HDR and WCG setting in the Display settings fixed this issue. I would like to use the HDR settings, so I hope a fix will come soon.

Thanks,

Trevor

:)

TBoyBlu, Apr 24, 2019

2. Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please refer the suggestions from Carlo
    Fer dated May 29, 2018
    regarding the issue with HDR and WCG which you aren’t able to turn on.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Have you installed the latest graphics drivers? You may also check the Nvidia site for the latest drivers and follow their instructions.

If you’re having problems displaying HDR content, you can try the steps outlined in this support article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

For more information about HDR requirements, please refer to this support article:
    Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue

mouse pointer disappears

Hi,

There are different reasons why your mouse pointer disappears. For us to properly isolate the issue, we need the following information:

• Have you made any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Can you please provide the troubleshooting steps that you've done to resolve the concern?

In the meantime, we recommend you to perform the basic troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Unplug and plug your mouse from your device.
    • Try to use another mouse and check if the same issue occurs.
    • Update your mouse drivers. To know more information about updating drivers in Windows 10, click this
      link.

Gerdimae Sal, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue

1. Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointer Disappears

2. Mouse pointer disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer disappeared: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home on ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 TP410UAIR. Immediately after the system got updated on Feb 14 in the morning my mouse pointer disappeared. The device manager says the drivers are up to date but HID-compliant mouse, ASUS touchpad or I2C device is not...
  3. Mouse pointer disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer disappearing: When I updated Windows 10 today, with the November 2019 update, my mouse pointer was disappearing while navigating through my Inbox in the Windows Mail app. The way I got the mouse pointer to come back, was to change the advanced mouse setting options so that the pointer...
  4. Mouse pointer disappearing

Mouse pointer disappearing: My USB mouse pointer disappearing every now and then. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-disappearing/9146b0ac-3106-42a0-9dd8-7b0d5cc23eb1
  5. Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10

Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10: what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel i7 8700). all componants are to spec, cables, hdmi ver. all docs says it supported, but yet only 30hz works on windows 10...
  6. Disappearing Mouse Pointer

Disappearing Mouse Pointer: I have Windows 10 and my mouse pointer keeps disappearing from the screen. If I restart my computer, it comes back, but eventually disappears again. I'm only using a touchpad - not a plug-in mouse....
  7. HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO

HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  8. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  9. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  10. HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable

HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable: The option HDR/WCG is not available under Windows 10 RS4 and disabled under Win10 RS5 build 17713. In here my equipment: Display TV: Samsung TV UHD HDR UE55MU7005TXXC (w/latest firmware: 1221.0). UHD Color function is active for HDMI. HDMI Cable: UGreen 4K HDR 60Hz Cable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mopuse and keyboard disappear when connecting benq monitor

2. hdr on my mointor makses my mouse disappear

3. mouse disappears in games using 4k tv

4. mouse pointer disappears on google chrome,
  5. windows 10 hdr cursor,
  6. Mouse courser is See-through when activating HDR,
  7. windows 10 hdr mouse cursor,
  8. chrome mouse pointer disappears,
  9. wcg mouse driver,
  10. hdr and wcg no mouse