Windows 10: Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep

Discus and support Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing when the system wakes in Windows 10 Pro. I can still see it highlighting when moving the mouse and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nduncan, Feb 20, 2016.

1. nduncan Win User

Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep

Recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing when the system wakes in Windows 10 Pro. I can still see it highlighting when moving the mouse and the dialog open with a right click. It only comes back if I open the Task Manager or a separate window. Strangely if I manually put the computer to sleep through the power menu this issue does not seem to appear, it only shows when the computer sleeps after the allotted time.

Not sure if this is an issue with Nvidia Drivers or a Windows Update.

Any ideas on what might cause this or how to fix it?

:)

nduncan, Feb 20, 2016
  2. joe_____b Win User

mouse unusable after wake from sleep

when waking a windows 10 machine from sleep, my Microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 pointer is unusable. for every second I move the mouse in any direction, the pointer moves for about 1/3 second then stops.

the led on the mouse appears to be off when I wake the machine from sleep using the keyboard.

the solution so far has been to unplug and plug in the mouse (waiting about 2-3 seconds before plugging in, otherwise problems sometimes continue).

after unplug/plug it works fine until the next time the machine goes to sleep.

I already did install the latest Microsoft intellimouse software/driver and that did not help.

the "allow this device to wake from sleep" is checked, though it appears the device goes to sleep too (?). I have also already attempted to change the power settings for usb devices. this did not help.

does anybody have any other suggestions to make the mouse work on wake up instead of having to unplug/plug each time?

joe_____b, Feb 20, 2016
  3. JohnDRoe Win User
    Windows 10 mouse pointer dissappears

I created another user account and then had to wait until the mouse pointer had disappeared after a start up from sleep.

When this happened I logged into the new account and after it set up the mouse pointer had reappeared. Then switching back to my usual account the mouse pointer was/is still there. Does this give any clues how to fix the problem?

JohnDRoe, Feb 20, 2016
  4. KenWinTen Win User

Same thing happening with my PC, especially lately. It previously would happen only once or twice in a month; it's happened now several times in the past day.

KenWinTen, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer disappears

2. Mouse pointer disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer disappears: I currently have an issue where my numpad will not work. I found a fix, which is turning off the "Control mouse with a keypad" setting in Ease of Access. However, when I turn this setting off my mouse pointer disappears. The specific setting is shown in the picture below....
  3. Mouse pointer disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer disappears: I currently have an issue where my numpad will not work. I found a fix, which is turning off the "Control mouse with a keypad" setting in Ease of Access. However, when I turn this setting off my mouse pointer disappears. The specific setting is shown in the picture below....
  4. Mouse pointer disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer disappearing: Mouse pointer is disappearing. It appears again only if i reset my pc every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-disappearing/e4668547-9078-4b09-a897-aa54849a0abe
  5. Mouse pointer disappeared

Mouse pointer disappeared: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home on ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 TP410UAIR. Immediately after the system got updated on Feb 14 in the morning my mouse pointer disappeared. The device manager says the drivers are up to date but HID-compliant mouse, ASUS touchpad or I2C device is not...
  6. Mouse pointer disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer disappearing: When I updated Windows 10 today, with the November 2019 update, my mouse pointer was disappearing while navigating through my Inbox in the Windows Mail app. The way I got the mouse pointer to come back, was to change the advanced mouse setting options so that the pointer...
  7. Mouse pointer disappearing

Mouse pointer disappearing: My USB mouse pointer disappearing every now and then. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-disappearing/9146b0ac-3106-42a0-9dd8-7b0d5cc23eb1
  8. black screen with blinking mouse pointer when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen with blinking mouse pointer when waking from sleep: hi, i suddenly getting one issue with the windows latest version 18362.418. when my laptop goes to sleep after the screen timeout runs and i wake it up by tapping on the trackpad, the screen shows black screen with with blinking mouse pointer and only solution to fix that i...
  9. Disappearing Mouse Pointer

Disappearing Mouse Pointer: I have Windows 10 and my mouse pointer keeps disappearing from the screen. If I restart my computer, it comes back, but eventually disappears again. I'm only using a touchpad - not a plug-in mouse....
  10. Mouse pointer disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer disappeared: Any help will be appreciated. Installed Windows 10 overnight. After reboot, I've lost my mouse pointer. The machine is a lenox Yogi. Thanks! 17975

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse pointer disappears on sleep