Windows 10: Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep

Discus and support Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing when the system wakes in Windows 10 Pro. I can still see it highlighting when moving the mouse and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nduncan, Feb 20, 2016.

1. nduncan Win User

Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep

Recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing when the system wakes in Windows 10 Pro. I can still see it highlighting when moving the mouse and the dialog open with a right click. It only comes back if I open the Task Manager or a separate window. Strangely if I manually put the computer to sleep through the power menu this issue does not seem to appear, it only shows when the computer sleeps after the allotted time.

Not sure if this is an issue with Nvidia Drivers or a Windows Update.

Any ideas on what might cause this or how to fix it?

:)

nduncan, Feb 20, 2016
  2. joe_____b Win User

mouse unusable after wake from sleep

when waking a windows 10 machine from sleep, my Microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 pointer is unusable. for every second I move the mouse in any direction, the pointer moves for about 1/3 second then stops.

the led on the mouse appears to be off when I wake the machine from sleep using the keyboard.

the solution so far has been to unplug and plug in the mouse (waiting about 2-3 seconds before plugging in, otherwise problems sometimes continue).

after unplug/plug it works fine until the next time the machine goes to sleep.

I already did install the latest Microsoft intellimouse software/driver and that did not help.

the "allow this device to wake from sleep" is checked, though it appears the device goes to sleep too (?). I have also already attempted to change the power settings for usb devices. this did not help.

does anybody have any other suggestions to make the mouse work on wake up instead of having to unplug/plug each time?

joe_____b, Feb 20, 2016
  3. JohnDRoe Win User
    Windows 10 mouse pointer dissappears

I created another user account and then had to wait until the mouse pointer had disappeared after a start up from sleep.

When this happened I logged into the new account and after it set up the mouse pointer had reappeared. Then switching back to my usual account the mouse pointer was/is still there. Does this give any clues how to fix the problem?

JohnDRoe, Feb 20, 2016
  4. KenWinTen Win User

Same thing happening with my PC, especially lately. It previously would happen only once or twice in a month; it's happened now several times in the past day.

KenWinTen, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer disappears

2. pointer disappearing from desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pointer disappearing from desktop: I have been having trouble with my pointer disappearing from my screen. I have tried to reinstall the mouse. Changed the settings on it. I have checked drivers and updated. There is a sound that the computer makes and it disappears. Sometimes it will come back but most...
  3. Mouse Pointer Disappearing

Mouse Pointer Disappearing: I have downloaded and uploaded some custom mouse cursors onto the Dell laptop I use, and the mouse pointer disappears every time (and only) when I use the touchscreen. Only my default pointer disappears, and the other pointers, such as the link select and resize pointers. The...
  4. Mouse Pointer Disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Pointer Disappears: I experience mouse issues in the last two Insider releases - 18272 and 18267 - when the mouse becomes erratic, is frozen in place and then disappears. Offline scans with Defender find nothing. System File Checker finds nothing. Mouse activity will return to normal when I...
  5. Disappearing Mouse Pointer

Disappearing Mouse Pointer: I have Windows 10 and my mouse pointer keeps disappearing from the screen. If I restart my computer, it comes back, but eventually disappears again. I'm only using a touchpad - not a plug-in mouse....
  6. Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear: Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear Windows 10 Fall Creators Update HP Envy x360 Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and...
  7. Waking pc from sleep with the mouse

Waking pc from sleep with the mouse: Up until yesterday, if my pc was in sleep mode and I wanted to use it, I simply had to click the mouse and it would kick into life. That doesn't happen anymore and I can't seem to get the answer. I thought about doing a system restore but I discovered this morning that the...
  8. Frozen Mouse After Wake From Sleep

Frozen Mouse After Wake From Sleep: Hi All, I just recently received my new Alienware Aurora R5 desktop computer and I'm having issues with my SteelSeries Sensei wired mouse freezing after waking the computer from sleep. This includes the CPI high/low button not responding after waking from sleep even though...
  9. Mouse Pointer disappears for a minute or two

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Pointer disappears for a minute or two: I *think* it's when I give a dialog box focus; but also when I'm in Word and alt-tab back to Chrome. The pointer is gone for like a minute. There are no errors in the Events log. Thanks for any help. RON 101578
  10. Mouse pointer disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer disappeared: Any help will be appreciated. Installed Windows 10 overnight. After reboot, I've lost my mouse pointer. The machine is a lenox Yogi. Thanks! 17975

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse pointer disappears on sleep