Windows 10: Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...

Discus and support Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New Dell Latitude laptop, same problem with a variety of mice tried - wired & wireless. When trying to hover over the edge/corner of a window to resize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew_1234, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...

New Dell Latitude laptop, same problem with a variety of mice tried - wired & wireless. When trying to hover over the edge/corner of a window to resize the point "jumps" several mm right and up. If I click in just the right place the resize pointed appears while I'm holding the mouse button, but then it disappears when I release.

For hyperlinks, the "finger" pointer does now appear, even though clicking the link works correctly otherwise. Changing mouse settings to use other sets of pointers does not fix this problem - it seems to only use the standard white arrow pointer regardless.

:)

Andrew_1234, Aug 3, 2020
  2. DavidCov Win User

How to stop Mouse Pointer auto selecting when hovering over a hyperlink in Windows 10

When typing and working in multiple screens I am often frustrated that the mouse pointer is left hovering over a hyperlink which is then autoselected opening the corresponding link. How can this be disabled in Windows 10? I don't see anything under the
    "Ease of Access" tabs. In all my searching I can't seem to find an answer to this question. Appreciate your help.

DavidCov, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Hyperlinks opens just hovering the mouse pointer on it.

*Original Title: problems with pointer

I installed windows 10 about 2 months ago. Suddenly, just today, my cursor automatically "clicks" any time it hovers over an active link. I want to change the settings so that the cursor will only "click" when I force it to. Any suggestions?

KenWillis2, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...

Hovering mouse pointer over launches the program in Windows 10.

Original Title: When my pointer hovers over ANYTHING in Windows 10 it automatically opens programs or selects things without any clicking, etc (using the Synaptics laptop built in mouse pad)

Even though I have gone to Control Panels and tried to disable this function, I can't change it. The cursor, especially when navigating from one web page and into a new page, selects whatever link it's hovering over. Even the control in the Ease of Access
    Center/Make Your Mouse Easier to Use does not disable this. Does anyone have a solution for this problem in Windows 10?

HowardWornom, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...

1. Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or... - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer does

2. Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11: Recently my mouse pointer has started to show the Text Select I-beam icon when hovering the mouse over anything on the Taskbar. The mouse pointer is an arrow anywhere else on the screen. I can't find a setting that controls how the mouse pointer looks when hovering over the...
  3. Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11: Recently my mouse pointer has started to show the Text Select I-beam icon when hovering the mouse over anything on the Taskbar. The mouse pointer is an arrow anywhere else on the screen. I can't find a setting that controls how the mouse pointer looks when hovering over the...
  4. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  5. Toolbar only shows when I hover mouse over it on Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolbar only shows when I hover mouse over it on Microsoft edge: I dont know what I did, but the toolbar which shows all my tabs only shows up when I hover my mouse over it. I am on macos and I have clicked f11 which didnt help....
  6. Toolbar only shows when I hover mouse over it on Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toolbar only shows when I hover mouse over it on Microsoft edge: I dont know what I did, but the toolbar which shows all my tabs only shows up when I hover my mouse over it. I am on macos and I have clicked f11 which didnt help....
  7. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  8. Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyperlink shows whenever mouse is hovered over a picture in an email in Mail app: [ATTACH] When using Mail Version 16005.11901.20184.0 I find that as the mouse pointer passes over a link in any email it shows up the link data as shown in the attached picture. This only occurs in my Mail program and it occurs on all emails. ***Modified title from:...
  9. Images go MASSIVE when pointer hovers over them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Images go MASSIVE when pointer hovers over them: The image on videos immediately go massive as soon as I hover the mouse pointer over it. How do I bring the image back to normal size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-go-massive-when-pointer-hovers-over-them/826878ed-fd82-49fe-95f2-7042b1b56a71
  10. Mouse Pointers Keep Changing to HUGE When Hovering at Edge of Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointers Keep Changing to HUGE When Hovering at Edge of Window: I've built two Windows 10 Pro PCs in the past month. Both had this problem, but the first one seems to be cured. The problem is that the cursor that normally changes to a two-headed arrow when the pointer is at the edge of a re sizable window, gets replaced with the largest...