Windows 10: Mouse pointer gone.

Discus and support Mouse pointer gone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 home edition. Computer slipped into sleep mode. Monitor could not be activated so I plugged in another monitor, got the laptop but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boomerang, Dec 3, 2017.

1. boomerang Win User

Mouse pointer gone.

Windows 10 home edition.
    Computer slipped into sleep mode. Monitor could not be activated so I plugged in another monitor, got the laptop but the mouse pointer has vanished. Tried a number of fixes and as yet nothing works. The mouse was fine before the sleep mode kicked in so I dont think it is malfunctioning. I have a wacom comic tablet and that works fine. The mouse is a usb wireless (logitek). Any help appreciated
    Kind regards,
    Chris

:)

boomerang, Dec 3, 2017

2. Mouse pointer gone

I did not enlarge the mouse pointer using Ease of Access. I went to Settings - Devices - Mouse & Touchpad - Additional Mouse Options. Then under the Pointers tab I clicked on the Scheme arrow and selected a large system mouse. I no longer remember which
    one I actually selected, and I'm not willing to experiment to find out because it was such a pain to fix.

It is highly unlikely that any of my software is interfering with the mouse pointer software since I used the larger mouse pointer for years on W7 before I upgraded to W10 and I have not added any new programs for several months.

I suppose I could try a clean boot, but to see if that fixes the problem I would have to risk invoking the problem again. I don't really want to do that for a "try this" suggestion. I'll wait until someone else has a similar problem so we can collaborate.

Thanks for answering, though. I appreciate having the Community pay attention.

Theresa_933, Dec 3, 2017
  3. Mouse pointer gone

I totally understand. and happy to help. Thanks for using Windows 10!

If at a later time you decide you have to have a large pointer, or you need a large pointer, consider trying the Ease of Access option I referred to above. You never know. Maybe that works for you. Seems like if one does not work the other won't work either
    but you never know. If it still doesn't work my next step would be to update your video and mouse drivers. Just letting you know where I would go with this if you ever decided to go further.

Fyi...I had to try testing this on my PC. Just to make sure I know what happens. I was able to follow your steps and make my mouse pointer large. Everything seems to be working fine. So it seems to work for me using either option. So at least we know it's
    not broken 100% of the time. I just wish I could tell you what was causing it.

Cheers, Jesse

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Dec 3, 2017
  4. Mouse pointer gone.

Do you mean the internal touchpad isnt working? If its the same after a reboot it probably been disabled. check for a button just above the tp

kingtez1984, Dec 3, 2017
Thema:

Mouse pointer gone.

1. Mouse pointer gone. - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer gone

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer: My mouse pointer is ok with all apps except one "poker stars". When I click on a poker stars table, the mouse pointer becomes extremely tiny.I tried everything in windows 10 home edition adjusted mouse size and color, size stays same except for poker stars.I contacted...
  4. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how to fix mouse pointer from flickering and now i have 2 pointers one is stationary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/6b82e164-fb1e-4a42-93f7-73f039ef15f2
  5. Mouse pointers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointers: I am running Windows 10 PRO and I'm using custom mouse pointers. I have saved the cursor scheme. Yet, every time I restart the computer, it goes back to the defaults. If I go to the Mouse Pointers tab, the scheme is selected and all I have to do is press "OKAY" to use the...
  6. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: I have a corrupted mouse cursor. I think so because it jumps and operates on its own. For example, it types 4-5 letters and runs to unknown place where types the rest of the word...
  7. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  8. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  9. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  10. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d